• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun show loophole???

I believe by loophole these people are talking about are private sales. People are walking around gun shows all the time with flags and signs posted "for sale" and its perfectly legal to deal with them without a background check because that would be considered as a private sale. Now if you buy from a dealer at a gun show, you have to go thru the background check. Anything involved with a FFL, must be on 4473 and must be checked with NICS.

OK. some of you need to uncork your tampons and exhale for a minute. I was unclear of what the "loophole" was. That is why I asked people who knew more than me. As individuals we have the option of not selling our guns to some guy with gang tatoos on his face. However my local gun store aparently does not because I watched it happen. gun stores are a business and as such most will sell to anyone able to buy. I DO NOT want more gun laws, same as most of you. Infact I want less, But the one law I always want to keep is the background check. Im sure most of you would agree it is a law for a good reason. The reason I posted this thread was to clear up what I heard about that law being void at gun shows which would make it a field day for felons. So calm down, read and process the posts before you reply. I am not a hypocrite, nor do I desire more strict gun laws or permits for my stockpiled ammo.

Last edited:
OK. some of you need to uncork your tampons and exhale for a minute. I was unclear of what the "loophole" was. That is why I asked people who knew more than me. As individuals we have the option of not selling our guns to some guy with gang tatoos on his face. However my local gun store aparently does not because I watched it happen. gun stores are a business and as such most will sell to anyone able to buy. I DO NOT want more gun laws, same as most of you. Infact I want less, But the one law I always want to keep is the background check. Im sure most of you would agree it is a law for a good reason. The reason I posted this thread was to clear up what I heard about that law being void at gun shows which would make it a field day for felons. So calm down, read and process the posts before you reply. I am not a hypocrite, nor do I desire more strict gun laws or permits for my stockpiled ammo.
I disagree. Background check does nothing other than scare away legitimate buyers and cost the tax payers money. Felons still get guns.

A. There is no loophole, the Federal government can't regulated in state commerce
B. Why does a criminal care if he gets his gun legally or not if he is going to commit a felony with it anyway. That's like saying a suicidal person wouldn't eat poisonous cake because they may gain weight.
C. I can't believe you support background checks and have 14 feedback on a site that does nonbackground check transactions, I'm sure you have a flawless felon-dar, guess what not all bad guys have face tats and look the part.

There is a flourishing illegal arms business that provides cheap and illegal guns to criminals, our background checks are fruitless.

Here in Colorado, ALL sales that arise from a gun show, MUST have a background check done... PERIOD. You can't meet inside and deal outside... well you could if you don't get caught but after columbine, they closed that one up real tight here.

Here in Colorado, ALL sales that arise from a gun show, MUST have a background check done... PERIOD. You can't meet inside and deal outside... well you could if you don't get caught but after columbine, they closed that one up real tight here.

And no shooting happened in Colorado ever again..

Back
Top Bottom