• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

"Gun Trafficking" Law Coming

mountainpass

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
15   0
Reaction score
This morning I saw the term "gun trafficking" mentioned a couple of times. It seems the main morning shows didn't dwell on guns(except Face the Nation).

Now here is the definition of the term:

One of the biggest loopholes in the background check system is that there is no penalty for being a "straw purchasers," people with clean backgrounds who resell the guns they legally buy.

Gillibrand said, "Well, one of the things is there's no federal law that makes gun trafficking illegal. There's no crime to be a straw purchaser and to take weapons from a state like -- a Southern state and bring it straight up to New York and sell it out of the back of your truck directly to criminals. There's no law that says you can't do that.

No laws? No penalty? Where is the reporting. These folks are Senators and will be introducing a "gt" bill this week.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/2013/01/sen_kirk_gillibrand_gun.html

There is a law - straw purchases are a felony, selling to a known felon is a felony and selling to out of state residents is I would assume a felony as well. If gun retailers would do background checks like the reporters do there fact checks they might have something to report on

Hell yeahs there is a law but it only applies to citizens not the Government allowing straw sales to prove to Merica that the guns in Mexico are really coming from Merica.

These fools want to make laws that already exist. It just supports the fact that they have strong opinions and want to create further restrictions, regulation and ban a personal right but don't have much of a clue of what they are talking about.

It is against the law to sell to an out of state person without going through an FFL. You cannot buy a handgun out of your home state unless it is shipped to your FFL and transferred.

Straw purchases are against the law and I still am waiting to see someone in the ATF and the AG go to jail and impeachment proceedings initiated if we can get the documentation proving Obama knew of the ploy and blessed it with verbal (taped phone call) or e-mail executive order. Doubtful as the spooks work for him and would suppress any damning evidence.

As with most things, whether there is or isn't a federal law is entirely irrelevant. There are already myriad state laws that already cover this.

I'm sorry but I couldn't resist to comment on this epic failure of mental awareness. My comment is being held for the blog moderator to approve......... Yeah right!

Here it is as I doubt it will ever appear on that blog:

"Ms. Lynn Sweet,

Thank you for those who actually have a clue of 'the Gun Laws" it is apparent that these leaders have no earthly idea of what they are talking about and now are submitting bills to what; replace the existing laws that will send you to jail?
Amend the current laws? Perhaps complement the current existing laws.

Take note and forward this to all those that are gun retarded:

1). It is unlawful for a person without a Federal Firearms License (FFL) to sell a gun (any gun) to another person out of state unless it goes through an FFL in the buyers state.

2). Straw purchases are illegal. Try it and make sure the ATF knows and see where you end up at. Now if you are the ATF it is perfectly legal to allow illegal straw purchases then wait for the guns to show up in crime so you can prove Mexican crime guns do come from America in order to support form 3 (further gun regulation).

3). 40% of the guns are purchased without a background check. Really? How would you know if there is no documentation? The dubious statistic of guns that avoided background checks - which is actually 36 percent - comes from a small 251-person survey on gun sales two decades ago, very early in the Clinton administration. Most of the survey covered sales before the Brady Act instituted mandatory federal background checks in early 1994.

If that alone didn’t make the number invalid, the federal survey simply asked buyers if they thought they were buying from a licensed firearms dealer. While all Federal Firearm Licensees do background checks, only those perceived as being FFLs were counted. Yet, there is much evidence that survey respondents who went to the smallest FFLs, especially the “kitchen table” types, had no idea that the dealer was actually “licensed.” Many buyers seemed to think that only “brick and mortar” stores were licensed dealers, and so the survey underestimating the number of sales covered by the checks.

Another reason for the high number is that it includes guns transferred as inheritances or as gifts from family members. Even President Obama’s background proposal excludes almost all of those transfers.

You can buy a gun from an individual at a gun show, at a parking lot or at their home if you are legally able to buy a gun. Get caught selling to a known felon, mentally ill, convicted of domestic abuse or an out of state person and risk going to jail. Why because it's flipping against the law. The honest private sale and trade of private firearms is the overwhelming, vast, huge majority. Make a law forbidding it and it will only prevent honest transfers between two citizens of the same state. It will do absolutely nothing, nada to prevent "illegal transfers" and they will continue despite any law forbidding it so. Hence we have the term illegal.

This is so full of fail I want to poke my own eyeball out. I really, really hope the folks who vote remember the sheer stupidity and dishonest methods being utilized to erode individual rights."

Back
Top Bottom