• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Gun will shoot its own hole out its a tack driver

used to do something like that on another forum whose name cannot be mentioned.

I'd offer $100 on the forum to some of the keyboard cowboys to show up at the local range, and shoot two targets with the results they were claiming.

Crickets.

IMO there are very very few reasonably stock guns capable of shooting multiple 1/4" groups under normal range conditions.
You are absolutely correct I don't think he will come out to the range to show us how to shoot out the same hole shot after shot.

Yeah, everyone seems to have sub-MOA guns. This puzzles me, who has been handloading for 25 years, owns a chronograph, buys top-shelf optics, and struggles to get guns to consistently put five shots on point of aim, in under an inch at 100. It took lots of hours and lots of gas, never mind hundreds of dollars of bullets/brass/powder to get there. Everyone else seems to get 'em straight from the store, with a Tasco scope, $10 rings, and shoots bugholes...

I guess I'm wasting my money on Farrell bases and Nightforce scopes.

I'm exaggerating of course-- I know the people are full of it. Just because your gun occasionally puts three near each other, somewhere on a target, it's NOT an "MOA" or "single hole" gun. Got to be at least five, and got to be the same place relative to POA every outing.

Note the 2-click offset so as to not blow away my aim point.

Georgia Gun Club, Wednesday. Five shots at 100 yards.
IMG_20181222_175320608.jpg

Back
Top Bottom