• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Handgun Thoughts

sneakynoshoulders

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
1   0
Reaction score
setting out on an adventure to buy another handgun. had my eye on the s&w sd9/40 ve, the m&p model, the springfield xd, and glock 23 or 19. i love .40 but have been thinking 9mm lately because of availability (bad timing, right) and cost. not that big of an issue, but still something i have taken into account. i have shot all of these guns on more than one occasion and like the way they all feel in my hand. just looking for some thoughts good or bad.
thanks

I had a XD40 subcompact and I liked it until I got my M&P 40C I love the M&P great feel and best of all it is US made. I traded my XD fro a Beretta 96. the XD is great but it just didn't shoot as well as the M&P. I also shoot a M&P 45 full size.

I think the best advice is to go to a range that rents guns and try a bunch of different ones. Then decide what you like best. The Sandy Springs Gun Club will allow you to try as many as you want for one rental fee. I'll always try to shoot something first that I'm thinking about buying.

I think the best advice is to go to a range that rents guns and try a bunch of different ones. Then decide what you like best. The Sandy Springs Gun Club will allow you to try as many as you want for one rental fee. I'll always try to shoot something first that I'm thinking about buying.

ive shot all of them on multiple occasions, i just wanted to get some imput from others.

ive shot all of them on multiple occasions, i just wanted to get some imput from others.

I have an S&W M&P 40c and I love it. Did any of them fit your hands better? Which one did you shoot better with? Those are a couple of question you should ask yourself. Then go with pros and cons. Maybe this might help you out a bit. Happy hunting! :)

Back
Top Bottom