• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help a brother out

I mean, hell id love to lose 35-40 no **** 🤣
As close to zero carbs as possible, not eating at night, and a daily 30-40 minute walk was all it took for me to lose almost 100lbs in less than a year.

I ate tons of calories, almost everything you eat when you do keto is high calorie and I'm convinced high calorie foods like meats fats and dairy are what we are supposed to eat.

But the carbs kill you, the carbs combined with a lack of exercise especially.

When I got the fiancee pregnant my diet went to **** and I gained most of it back.

Whatever you do, the hardest part is remaining disciplined and sticking to it.

Walking is the best thing you can do.... I walked slow 30 mins everyday for 30 days (no days off)... Now I'm almost at a 15 min mile most days..... I made it a habit... I'm now up to 1hr 30 and I usually get 40-50 flights of stairs 3-4 time a week... It drives me nuts if I don't get to walk now...

One example --

I stopped going out for lunch years ago, but not for health reasons. I have a light breakfast, usually a breakfast bar or something (like Kind, the ones you find in the breakfast cereal aisle), and a frozen dinner for lunch. I prefer the Marie Calendar brand, but others are fine. Dinner is whatever my wife likes to make. I never counted calories or anything. On weekends, bacon & eggs, a hearty dinner, and maybe a sandwich for lunch.

For exercise, my yard work is substantial enough on most weekends that I let the yard work suffice. For the slow days, several years ago I got a Crossropes weighted jump rope set and the phone app (about $90/year subscription) and work out in my basement. Cheaper and more convenient than a gym or personal trainer, and I'll actually do it (that's the key). I have other equipment, like a BowFlex weight set, a BowFlex Max elliptical/stair climber hybrid, kettle bells, and dumbbells. I use them, but not regularly. The main thing is the ropes due to the aerobics, and they're more fun than the stair climber.

My workouts range from 8 to 30 minutes, depending on the day's circumstances. I've got others to look after, so a regular, hard-core routine isn't an option.

With that combination I dropped from 198 to about 163 and I've held steady for 5 or more years.

My point is that you might try finding the workout system that you'll stick with on a regular basis -- walking the neighborhood, running, cycling, weight training, cross fit, a personal trainer, or something like what I'm doing. Pick a meal plan that you won't hate, and can stick to. None of it has to be perfect, just consistent. You'll lose the weight, get stronger, and feel better over time.

BTW, don't obsess about weight and so forth. Check vitals occasionally, like once a week. Write them down so you'll see progress over time. Tracking it constantly can be demoralizing because you won't see instant progress, but over time you will.

You've got this.

29A2988F-CD8E-45B4-8DD3-DBCAF198D304.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom