• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help a brother out

I'm starting on the no sugar drinks now. Been on water since yesterday. I have been stopping at subway at lunch maybe twice the week, have been getting wheat bread and turkey.
I have been following this thread and your comments. Whatever you do, its going to be your decision. A couple things. You didn’t put it on in a day, and you won’t rake it off in a day. You won’t win if you don’t eat. Starving yourself is not an option. You have to make choices that you can live with, and get you closer to the goal line. If you are just ‘dieting’, as soon as you stop dieting you’ll start putting it back on. It going to be a lifestyle change, it has to be a permanent course correction.

Like I said I helped a girl loose over 100 pounds. The hypnosis seminar will help you change your food thought process. Cutting out the big sugars in foods and drink is something I had to do 30 years ago as a diabetic. But just cutting out candy, soda, and deserts is like sprinkling sprinkling nutritional plant compounds on your ice cream. The big ticket item that you really need to address is carbs.

As a diabetic, one of the things I found was that simple carbs like bread or pasta, is the gift that keeps on giving. Eat a big bowl of spaghetti and the digestion process will turn all those carbs into sugars over 4-5 hours. All those extra sugars get stored away for future use. (fat)

When the body uses glucose (sugar) to power a muscle, it needs insulin as the key to unlock the door to let the glucose into the cell to provide the energy. In the absence of insulin, the body has defensive mechanisms to keep you alive. The brain and the heart do not require insulin and use blood sugar without insulin to keep you alive. Everything else requires insulin. In the event of low insulin, the body will use a substance called glycogen to power the muscle which does not require insulin. The body gets this glycogen from fat. Thats why the body fights so hard to protect this fat. It is constantly making sure you have the reserves to power your body.

What is carb cycling? It is a practice of avoiding all carbs for 3 or 4 days, and then having a carb day. Why? You are denying your body the excess sugars to store away as fat. The carb day lets your body know that all is well and keeps the storage process active. If you go 100% keto, at some point the body figures out that there ain’t more coming and it fights to protect its stores of energy (fat). The body will actually use up muscle to protect its fat stores. Thats why a carb day after 3-4 no carb days.

Exercise is great. I’m sure many have written hundreds of books on the subject. I will point out one scientific fact. When you raise your heart rate up above 70% of your maximum heart rate for 20 minutes. It flips a switch and changes the way your body deals with food, and fat storage.

My advice if you are going to go the exercise route is to set up a schedule and verify that you keep your heart rate constantly up for that 20 minutes

I have been following this thread and your comments. Whatever you do, its going to be your decision. A couple things. You didn’t put it on in a day, and you won’t rake it off in a day. You won’t win if you don’t eat. Starving yourself is not an option. You have to make choices that you can live with, and get you closer to the goal line. If you are just ‘dieting’, as soon as you stop dieting you’ll start putting it back on. It going to be a lifestyle change, it has to be a permanent course correction.

Like I said I helped a girl loose over 100 pounds. The hypnosis seminar will help you change your food thought process. Cutting out the big sugars in foods and drink is something I had to do 30 years ago as a diabetic. But just cutting out candy, soda, and deserts is like sprinkling sprinkling nutritional plant compounds on your ice cream. The big ticket item that you really need to address is carbs.

As a diabetic, one of the things I found was that simple carbs like bread or pasta, is the gift that keeps on giving. Eat a big bowl of spaghetti and the digestion process will turn all those carbs into sugars over 4-5 hours. All those extra sugars get stored away for future use. (fat)

When the body uses glucose (sugar) to power a muscle, it needs insulin as the key to unlock the door to let the glucose into the cell to provide the energy. In the absence of insulin, the body has defensive mechanisms to keep you alive. The brain and the heart do not require insulin and use blood sugar without insulin to keep you alive. Everything else requires insulin. In the event of low insulin, the body will use a substance called glycogen to power the muscle which does not require insulin. The body gets this glycogen from fat. Thats why the body fights so hard to protect this fat. It is constantly making sure you have the reserves to power your body.

What is carb cycling? It is a practice of avoiding all carbs for 3 or 4 days, and then having a carb day. Why? You are denying your body the excess sugars to store away as fat. The carb day lets your body know that all is well and keeps the storage process active. If you go 100% keto, at some point the body figures out that there ain’t more coming and it fights to protect its stores of energy (fat). Thats why a carb day after 3-4 no carb days.

Exercise is great. I’m sure many have written hundreds of books on the subject. I will point out one scientific fact. When you raise your heart rate up above 70% of your maximum heart rate for 20 minutes. It flips a switch and changes the way your body deals with food, and fat storage.

My advice if you are going to go the exercise route is to set up a schedule and verify that you keep your heart rate constantly up for that 20 minutes
Carb cycling is a new concept to me but kinda makes sense. Tell us more... such as what kind and how much.

What is carb cycling? It is a practice of avoiding all carbs for 3 or 4 days, and then having a carb day. Why? You are denying your body the excess sugars to store away as fat. The carb day lets your body know that all is well and keeps the storage process active. If you go 100% keto, at some point the body figures out that there ain’t more coming and it fights to protect its stores of energy (fat). Thats why a carb day after 3-4 no carb days.

Thanks, that sounds like something I could definitely do, I appreciate the explanation of all that!

I dropped 70 pounds just by walking 3 times a week, but it took me about a year and a half. On the other hand, my wife has lost a ton of weight in a short period of time with Ozempic. I let her know that even by losing more than me, she still can't walk around my route once. I'm surprised you're Dr. wouldn't let you try it.

Hey guys, I'm usually the one ****ing around on here and being funny. I've got something serious I need to focus on, my health. I've been to the doctor unfortunately I have very low testosterone and I have gained some weight. She's prescribed me shots for low T also a pill because cholesterol was high. I know now I desperately need to lose some weight and exercise. Anybody got any tips and pointers to possibly make myself drop 8 to 10 lbs within 4 weeks? My goal is to eventually lose 40lbs maybe within a year. I know I need to drink water. ALOT. Also any food ideas..and lastly, I do have a basement where I could possibly set up a small exercise area.. I might have a good 30 mins a day, 3-4 days a week to do something. Thanks fellas. Also she didn't condemn the midget hookers and occasionally blow party so I am good there. I really would short term like to lose belly fat and chest area. ****ing dad bod is kicking my ass!!

View attachment 6346690
my doctor prescribed me the 18 year old Asian girl...it worked great. my wife hates it and wont help. but it still works....

Carb cycling is a new concept to me but kinda makes sense. Tell us more... such as what kind and how much.
I would tell you to google carb cycling.

I thought this video explained all the bits short of carb cycling. I don’t purchase anything from this guy.

I've been doing keto for 2 years and lost 35 lbs. I'm 51yo , 220 lbs and still lift very heavy 3-4 days a week at the gym, and 90% of my "overuse" joint pain for over 10 years is now gone due to no inflammation. Carbs are really bad for me as my blood sugar used to crash every 4-5 hours if I didn't eat a meal. On keto, I never get that low blood sugar feeling anymore and I can fast as long as I need. It has been a true game changer for my joint pain and diet, but I have to say I am very sensitive to carbs.

Clean food and exercise is the trick… I’ve only lost 20 lbs this year, but it’s a true 20

Thought I’d share one of my favorite keto meals , egg bites, some times we use ham or sausage or ground beef, jalapeños, pico , different types of cheese… variety is the key to not getting tired of eating them … these are large muffin pans and takes about 24/30 eggs depending on the sizes of the eggs to make a double batch, they’ll last me about a week

E847315B-A339-4E00-A5D7-26B6E95C6DB9.jpeg8B59876F-EFA4-45D5-8378-1F90AFFFD851.jpeg437B1BED-EB43-4ACF-BF97-5B2748B2DC4E.jpegF1D90D42-2DF0-4FCA-A9F7-374E45980B70.jpeg780A7BAA-21A3-44B8-A72F-7ABE64C48446.jpeg1879D8F3-36DD-4672-BD16-4B1079C3E99B.jpeg29CCEC4A-8E55-442E-AD56-41F06FDCC46B.jpeg818D7930-E154-4CC7-AF57-CCE0E514D956.jpeg838EC4FA-E85B-4363-A107-CC426F70F73A.jpeg

I lost 15 pound in a month when I stopped drinking soda and only drank water. Wasn't even going to the gym at the time. I also look at food labels and try to stick to snacks that have less than 10% sodium and added sugars.

Back
Top Bottom