• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Houston to end no knock police search warrants

Hopefully he/she was fired.

She left after a "you should resign" conversation with the department. That was after a county grand jury described her work as sloppy.

She told the judge who issued the warrant that her informant made the buy and saw weapons in the house. The reality: It was a friend of the informant, and no weapons were actually observed or present in the house. Less clear who was actually lying, but the info the judge based the no-knock warrant on was materially false.

She left after a "you should resign" conversation with the department. That was after a county grand jury described her work as sloppy.

She told the judge who issued the warrant that her informant made the buy and saw weapons in the house. The reality: It was a friend of the informant, and no weapons were actually observed or present in the house. Less clear who was actually lying, but the info the judge based the no-knock warrant on was materially false.

It's amazing that the 4th amendment can be bypassed simply by the testimony of a crack head.

unfortunately, it's a real life, well-known phenomenon that the statements and activities of criminals are usually only witnessed by other criminals.
And the lowlifes they associate with.
Upstanding pillars of the community and models of virtue are RARELY privvy to strong and recently-acqured intelligence as to ongoing criminal activities.

That family won $3.6 million in settlements and jury awards. Not enough, in my opinion, for the harm caused to an infant who will live with the severe consequences of that raid for the rest of his life.

The deputy who made some, uh, stretched statements to get the warrant, was acquitted by a jury in a federal civil rights trial.

That was a pretty expensive drug squad. Same squad cost the same counties $2.3 million for gunning down Preacher Ayers because he was ministering to a druggie.

That would be $5.9 MILLION these cowboys cost the taxpayers (Ayers had a jury trial, so the cost would have been well over $6 Million). Sure,, it was paid by insurance and we all know that's not real money.

If I recall, the deputy who shot him in the parking lot of a convenience store was exonerated by the grand jury. After all it would have been too much trouble to have the locals do a traffic stop. Better to shoot him now, and be done with it.

I think the deputy was eventually fired for falsifying his training records, the results of which was that he was not POST certified, and so had no arrest powers. But "Oh Well."

Can't forget the new toys that had to be used by a local sheriff's office during a raid on a sleeping family over some petty drug sales, now a little boy is deaf as the flash bang landed in or near his crib. It's my understanding the sheriff's office had just recently acquired them and of course had to use them on this dangerous child. The family sued and I hope won from not only the sheriff, but the individual officer/officers that used it.

That Habersham case was very similar to Houston but was not a no knock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom