• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Houston to end no knock police search warrants

I can see a very very limited reason to have a no knock warrant, but those stipulations would almost be unreachable. The warrant would be for a person, that person would be the only one in the premises, that person would have to have history of violence and resisting arrest and be wanted for something that could result in life in prison or the death penalty. Besides that, the risks outweigh what they are trying to accomplish. I remember the elderly lady that got killed and the child that had flash bang thrown into his crib. Completely unacceptable.

I can also see a real bad scenario where lots of lives would be lost due to a no knock warrant. Someone armed with some training, dead asleep and hears something at the front door then its busted in. Men come pouring in, heavily armed, facing someone who was just startled awake under an adrenalin rush. Could someone reasonably identify law enforcement in that situation before engaging the perceived threat?

It was not ,Flash bang was thrown well after initial entry.
It was still a cluster but it wasn’t a no knock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thats not what i read

Evidently they tossed the flashbang because according to those thugs they couldn't open the door because the toddlers play pen was blocking it (as if a plastic pen is heavy enough); so they tossed the grenade in before entry and it landed next to the sleeping childs face

Sounds like a no knock. How those bastards and that piece of **** joey terrell never faced a jury on this is beyond disgusting

I can also see a real bad scenario where lots of lives would be lost due to a no knock warrant. Someone armed with some training, dead asleep and hears something at the front door then its busted in. Men come pouring in, heavily armed, facing someone who was just startled awake under an adrenalin rush. Could someone reasonably identify law enforcement in that situation before engaging the perceived threat?

Agree 100% no Knocks do serve a very limited application in police and should never be used merely for the destruction of evidence.
I’ve been a law-enforcement for 35 years and been on swat or running swat teams for the past 30, I have only done 12 in my career none of them were done in the middle of the night.
None of them were done solely for preservation of evidence,All of the perpetrators involved were wanted dangerous felons who are known to have been armed and resist violently in the past.
And yes sometimes it makes more sense to take them in their home when they’re alone and they can’t endanger other people out on the roadway you can never be sure you get the vehicle stopped immediately you might put other lives in danger.
All no knocks I’ve been involved in serving had prior surveillance on the house ip to the point of entry so we could track the suspect movements.

Thats not what i read

Evidently they tossed the flashbang because according to those thugs they couldn't open the door because the toddlers play pen was blocking it (as if a plastic pen is heavy enough); so they tossed the grenade in before entry and it landed next to the sleeping childs face

Sounds like a no knock. How those bastards and that piece of **** joey terrell never faced a jury on this is beyond disgusting

They were in the house already it was the room inside the house the toddler was located they could not enter you are incorrect.

They were in the house already it was the room inside the house the toddler was located they could not enter you are incorrect.

First that contradicts everything i read

Second, i doubt the official account very much given the criminals in this matter were the same ones doing the reporting

I could be wrong on the facts here but from what ive read its a no knock raid based on sketchy info from an informant who may or may not have had any contact with the raided house

All no knocks I’ve been involved in serving had prior surveillance on the house ip to the point of entry so we could track the suspect movements.

Sounds like you've worked for well managed, properly trained and civil-rights aware departments. If all no-knock warrants were handled as you described, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Right now, the Houston raid has "criminal intent by cop(s)" written all over it.

Back
Top Bottom