• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Houston to end no knock police search warrants

I may have it confused with another one I Debriefed two and don’t have my notes.
Both of them toddlers were burnt in play pens.
I said it when it happened Habersham was inexcusable all the rules for using noise flash diversion devices were thrown out the window.
And any real time surveillance would’ve shown the kids were present in that house even a garbage pull.
I will pull the actual dBrief on Habra sham and get back later today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like you've worked for well managed, properly trained and civil-rights aware departments. If all no-knock warrants were handled as you described, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Right now, the Houston raid has "criminal intent by cop(s)" written all over it.

If what I see in the news is anywhere remotely correct one or more officers should be charged with that couples death,I don’t know if ofc Bryant was involved or being used by Goines .

Sounds like you've worked for well managed, properly trained and civil-rights aware departments. If all no-knock warrants were handled as you described, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Right now, the Houston raid has "criminal intent by cop(s)" written all over it.

Say it ain't so.:wacko:

I think Law Enforce does a very, very poor job of policing itself, kinda like the rest of our government.

If people that have "authority" (Doctors, Lawyers, Politicians, Law Enforcement, etc) over Joe Citizens are not held to a higher standard than Joe Citizen, why do they deserve any more respect than the average Joe?

James Comey should face a firing squad.

I may have it confused with another one I Debriefed two and don’t have my notes.
Both of them toddlers were burnt in play pens.
I said it when it happened Habersham was inexcusable all the rules for using noise flash diversion devices were thrown out the window.
And any real time surveillance would’ve shown the kids were present in that house even a garbage pull.
I will pull the actual dBrief on Habra sham and get back later today

It would be interesting to compare debriefing to the news reports

Okay looking at my notes you are correct habersham warrant was served at 3 a.m. it was issued as a no-knock however there are conflicting reports from officers on scene that may have felt people inside the house were up.
I saw nothing in the pre-raid intelligence that was verifiable enough to make this a no-knock going off my standards I felt the original case was poorly investigated.

Many things failed in this case,proper procedures were not followed by the narcotics unit as far as I'm concerned in the buy-and in the verification leading up to the search warrant.

I had this case confused with a case that happened out west where another flashbang was thrown in yet another drug warrant into a room where they could not see and ended up burning a child unfortunately I see too many of these.
just because you buy cool stuff and issue it to guys it doesn't mean you have a tactical team it takes a lot of discipline and training to do it right and I don't appreciate it when people screw it up and make it look bad

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It would be interesting to compare debriefing to the news reports
They got the same stuff they don't always convey it in the best manner they get it many times later after the stories run its cycle sometimes you'll see a whole debrief if you look online you can find just about everything from the Las Vegas shooting now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Personally I’d like to take the officer that lied on his warrant applications out back and shoot him myself.

With that said, I’m against the abolishment of No Knock search warrants. I obtained more than I could count and it was NEVER about destruction of evidence.

They were in the house already it was the room inside the house the toddler was located they could not enter you are incorrect.

The first "entry" was through the door, that as mentioned above, was blocked by the crib they lobbed the flash bang into.

The excuse was that their intel didn't tell them someone was living in the garage or that there was an infant in the household. A lot of people would have called a crib blocking the door a "clue" but when you get a new toy, first thing you want to do is try it out.

Mr. Sack was referring to the case of Bounkham Phonesavanh, known as Baby Bou Bou, who sustained extensive injuries when a flash-bang grenade landed in his playpen during a no-knock raid in Cornelia, Ga., in May 2014. (The sheriff’s deputy, Nikki Autry, who sought the no-knock warrant, was later indicted by federal prosecutors on charges of violating Bou Bou’s civil rights, but she was ultimately acquitted.)

“It wasn’t just that the facts of the case were compelling,” Mr. Sack said. “It was that, in this one case, so many different problems with the forcible-entry tactic were exposed.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/18/insider/kevin-sack-no-knock-baby-bou.html

Because of recent history with the individual involved in the alleged drug sales and knowledge of weapons in the residence, the special agent seeking the search warrant requested a "no-knock" warrant, Terrell said.<br /> <br /> Mountain Judicial Circuit Narcotics Criminal Investigation and Suppression Team agents obtained a search warrant for the residence, with the no knock entry provision approved by Habersham County Chief Magistrate Judge Jim Butterworth

Terrell said. "The door was locked, so they breached the door. There was an obstruction at the door. They tossed a 'flash bang'. [Terrell was the sheriff, so I'm guessing he knows what he is talking about on the subject] https://accesswdun.com/article/2014/5/275516

I can't think of a single case where a warrant has to be served like this. It's lazy police work and a chance to use some of the cool toys they get from the gov't.

The odds are pretty good that these folks will have to come out of their house at some point. You can take them down then without shooting up a house full of innocent bystanders.
Agreed. Dynamic SWAT entries are becoming a thing of the past. Preservation of evidence is not paramount to the preservation of life. It's really not too tough to simply shut the water off to a residence and then use a negotiator to talk them out of the residence since time is on LE's side in most instances.

Back
Top Bottom