• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How do you store your ammo?

harrycalahan

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
116   0
Reaction score
Safe? Old refrigerator? Closet? I've had mine stashed in a few different places. Mainly because I've never had a dedicated area and I just put it somewhere out of sight as I buy it. Yesterday I inventoried everything and quickly realized I have a lot more ammo than I thought. Which is a good thing but I want to better categorize it and store it. Right now its in the basement with a poured wall foundation with a dehumidifier keeping it at 55% or less. I've tried stacking just the ammo boxes on top of one another but they start collapsing from the weight after about 10 boxes or more high. I'm fine with getting more steel ammo cans to store everything which will categorize it as well. But where do y'all generally keep your ammo? I keep coming back to getting a secondary safe just for ammo but I'd rather spend the safe money on more ammo lol. I searched for a thread on this subject and didn't see anything...

The only thing I have that wouldn't cost anything is an old gutted out refrigerator thats no longer cooling. I could whip up some steel shelving to support everything but I want to be able to close it and control the humidity.

So safe or no safe? I see a few cheap ones on CL for $400 that would hold what I got. Worst case I might have to make some beefier shelving.

Back
Top Bottom