How do you store your ammo?

I store all my ammo in ammo cans with desiccant packs and labeled. I got ammo but lost all my firearms in a horrible boating fire.View attachment 797169
I store mine the same way. Keep a few in loaded guns/mags, and have bulk ammo stored in different locations for separation of assets in case of a loss or if I am at my weekend house.

Ammo in a safe is kind of wasted space
I kinda feel the same way. If someone breaks in, unless its 10 guys with a 1 ton truck, I don't see them hauling out all xxx 50 cal ammo cans. I think if I kept them in a locking metal cabinet, that'd be good enough. I do like the fire protection aspect of a safe though.

It's not cost effective unless you just have the room. 1000 rounds of ammo takes up a lot of space.

Just stack it in cans with desiccant. Heck even the desiccant is probably overkill.
Sure it is. You may not have much ammo but it's not hard to fit 20k in ammo in a safe even if it's just plinking ammo

Reactions: MRH
Think about how much surplus ammo that is good 50+ years later. Do you think that was all stored cool and dry the entire time? Take precautions of course but my guess is a basement will be plenty cool and a decent attempt at humidity control won't give you any problems.

Back
Top Bottom