• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

How important is power in a safe?

I personally have my safe setup as if there is no electricity. 10 ft strand of LED lights grace the doorway theshhold with a switch box placed off to the side that runs off 3 rechargeable AA Batteries. Over the face of the tumbler I have a motion activated LED light that illuminated the dial also powered by rechargeable AA. Who needs electricity:p. home is temp controlled and should something happen to compromise temperature I have mucho silica.

I get by without power in mine and have for a long time. I just use the drybag silica type humidity suckers and I have some motion sensing battery powered lights that I have stuck up in the door and in the back.

Having a power hole seems like a detriment to me because it's one more place that water or heat can get in .... and if an electrical fire started INSIDE your safe because of the lights it would kind of kill the purpose of having a heavy fire safe wouldn't it?

You really make a damn good valid point with this post. I'd hate to have my safe CONTAIN a fire and ruin the contents.

I have battery powered LED's to light the inside. Got 'em from Costco.

Never had a humidity problem. Of course, I go into the safe at least every other day so it gets a fair amount of "ventilation"...yes, it is an affliction.

Thats pretty good. I guess its just a matter of if I'll have circular lights in different areas or if I want to run light strands around the different areas.

Back
Top Bottom