• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How is this a pro gun bill?

AKguy

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
74   1
Reaction score
GPDO has this listed as a pro gun bill.

SR1 - Urges others to increase public awareness of the dangers of celebratory gunfire and creates a study committee to look into ways to adopt stronger laws against celebratory gunfire.

So it creates another government committee that could potentially push backdoor gun control laws.:confused: How about listing it as NOT a pro gun bill.

GPDO has this listed as a pro gun bill.

SR1 - Urges others to increase public awareness of the dangers of celebratory gunfire and creates a study committee to look into ways to adopt stronger laws against celebratory gunfire.

So it creates another government committee that could potentially push backdoor gun control laws.:confused: How about listing it as NOT a pro gun bill.

You read it wrong. It seems like a good thing to me...

http://www.legis.ga.gov/Legislation/20112012/110949.pdf

"1 Urging efforts to promote an increase in public awareness of the dangers of celebratory
2 gunfire; urging state and local governments and law enforcement agencies to better educate
3 Georgians regarding the serious threat created by firing a weapon into the air during a
4 celebration; and committing to studying and adopting tougher criminal sanctions for those
5 who perform celebratory gunfire resulting in injury or death to another person; and for other
6 purposes.

I may be reading it wrong also.
I think it's another law for gun control.
Every time somebody discharges a firearm the law will be coming around wanting to know whether it was celebratory or not.
How do they know that you were shooting at a dove or just randomly shooting in the air.(I know a lot of people that seem to be randomly shooting in the air whilst on a dove field.)
This would be a total waste of time and resources.

You read it wrong. It seems like a good thing to me...

http://www.legis.ga.gov/Legislation/20112012/110949.pdf

"1 Urging efforts to promote an increase in public awareness of the dangers of celebratory
2 gunfire; urging state and local governments and law enforcement agencies to better educate
3 Georgians regarding the serious threat created by firing a weapon into the air during a
4 celebration; and committing to studying and adopting tougher criminal sanctions for those
5 who perform celebratory gunfire resulting in injury or death to another person; and for other
6 purposes.

I don't think they are talking about people hunting in a field. This is about people in residential areas firing guns into the air.
You should be south of I-20 down to about Stockbridge or Fayetteville, for New Years Eve. Some years it sounds like you are near a war zone.

It's all about the inch and the mile.

I don't think they are talking about people hunting in a field. This is about people in residential areas firing guns into the air.
You should be south of I-20 down to about Stockbridge or Fayetteville, for New Years Eve. Some years it sounds like you are near a war zone.

Since kinda like wasting more $$$$$$$$$$$$ 2 me ;[

And I celebrate with gunfire on the 4th of july ........ but I use black powder and a wadding in my percussion pistol ;]

Since kinda like wasting more $$$$$$$$$$$$ 2 me ;[

And I celebrate with gunfire on the 4th of july ........ but I use black powder and a wadding in my percussion pistol ;]

You don't see too many people carrying that type gun down on Moreland ave...:p

Back
Top Bottom