How not to shoot a revolver

obiwan

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
335   0
Reaction score
Thought this might be helpful. Occasionally, I see members asking what to buy for their spouse or mother that doesn't have enough hand strength to rack a slide, and the recommendation is usually a revolver. But I've never seen anyone warn about this in conjunction with their recommendation. I guess most of us don't think about it, but for a novice shooter, this is good advice:

Merry Christmas to all!

Last edited by a moderator:
All revolvers,more powerful the round the more damage to be done by having your hand out there but I guarantee you you do not want to have that finger/hand out there even with a 22lr.

My son had some buddies that had never been around a flintlock... we let them shoot it and one of them was quite young, before I thought to warn them and older boy helped the younger boy hold the rifle from the wrong side.. he still has powder burn on his arm where flames shot out thru the pan.

lmao!!! I watched this earlier, with all the hooplah over ar-15's, I'm getting a 500 mag! Will be cheaper by the time the media is done.

I shoot .38's and .357's using a thumbs forward grip in IDPA. On my K, L and N frames I don't have a problem with the my thumbs being in front of the cylinder. I do however, have to be careful when shooting my LCR. Pay attention to your grip and hand placement before pulling the trigger.

the point is valid but i think overstated. Each time he also has the paper beyond the front of the muzzle. I also think that is .357 There is much more blow-by in magnum than in other cartridges

Back
Top Bottom