• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I am so pissed sad distraught

I had a person I knew last year kill themselves like that funny thing about it she was a counselor who always stress talking to people and passing along the suicide hotline number. She was a really nice person talked to her before Christmas vacation she was talking about the future how she has all these plans. I came back to work found out died I was sad for her then about an hour later found out she shot herself then I just said the hell with her. Suicide is a very selfish thing and I have had few close friends take their own lives without any signs. For people who take their own life screw them not even worth my time to think about . With that said I do feel sorry for the hurt he is putting you through and his family. Suicide is never an option.

"Sorry if this sounds heartless"

so true.

I keep think back to our last conversation and wonder if I listened or if I somehow changed the topic or made light of his struggles. Did I fail him, was I AWOL when I was called? Why was one of my closest friends putting a bullet in his head while I was on a cruise in the Caribbean????

I keep think back to our last conversation and wonder if I listened or if I somehow changed the topic or made light of his struggles. Did I fail him, was I AWOL when I was called? Why was one of my closest friends putting a bullet in his head while I was on a cruise in the Caribbean????

Usually people don't kill themselves in the depths of their depression, that is usually when they are least likely to do or feel much of anything. It is when they have a spark of energy or some good feeling times that it often happens since they have the energy and fear of falling into depression again. It is amazing hard to catch if you aren't aware someone is depressed in the first place, and depressed people don't share their feelings. Heck society doesn't really share feelings anymore, we're quick to shirk the messiness of emotions and negative feelings and tell ourselves to just tough it out or fake it till you make/break it.

If anything use this to remember to invest in your relationships and take time away from small talk, busy work, and daily life to stop, be human, and connect on more than just what is material and present.

Don't put yourself through that.

You really have no control over what others do. Sometimes things just work out differently from what we would hope. I know I tried my best to change the outcome of certain people I have seen going down the wrong path in life. I finally figured out that people are just gonna be who they are gonna be. You can't really prevent or fix thing like this. Best you can do is to look out after your own.

Don't let this thing get inside your head-beating yourself up over something like this can be very destructive..... I am sure your friend would never have wanted that.

Back
Top Bottom