• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I guess you can just call me "shameless"!!!

Poppa Mike

Default rank 5000+ posts
4H rifle team coach
40   0
Reaction score
I recently acquired a new PCC in 10mm. I didn't really like the idea of spending big bucks on one as I wasn't sure if I would like it. I ran across this not long ago listed on here and at a reasonably short distance from me so I took the plunge!

An unfired Hi Point 1095TS. It came with the box, docs, lock, a Pro Mag forward grip, bi-pod and two full boxes of S&B 10mm ammo for about $100 less than the rifle alone sells for at the LGS.
IMG_20190419_1110294_rewind.jpg

Notice the shameless plug for @bulletpaluza and @mrsbulletpaluza in the pic!

Got one in 9mm for the hell of it a while back. Not a bad range toy for the price.
Sort of what I was thinking. I haven’t had a chance to shoot it yet but have taken it down for a good cleaning and to lube it. Checked the trigger pull with my Lyman gauge and was pleasantly surprised to find it to be just over five pounds. Not what I was expecting at all. It seems to handle well and hopefully will shoot well too.

I've been waiting on one to pop up for the right price for a while! They look fun.
If you want new, Dahlonega Gun has the 9mm new listed on here in the dealer section for $219 + tax, other calibers are somewhat higher. That’s the best price I have found on a new one in 9mm, the 10mm model in black is $289 + tax IIRC, the camo version is higher. I wanted either the 45acp or a 10mm so when this one showed up I jumped on it quick.

Thought I'd post a quick update, finally got a chance to do some shooting with this carbine and I'm pretty impressed with it. Put a couple of mag fulls thru it and it functioned flawlessly. Only problem I had was I couldn't see the target very well (61 year-old eyes!). So I have now removed the front and rear sights and the bottom rail. I got an A2 bird cage style flash hider for it and have mounted a 4x32 Bushnell scope on Nikon P-Series mounts that I had in my parts stash. Now just got to zero it.
IMG_20190503_1124287_rewind.jpg

Oh yeah, I ordered a couple of extra mags for it today too.

Got a chance to do some shooting this morning. Zeroed the scope on this carbine and then shot a few for groups.
IMG_20190508_0942144_rewind.jpg

Size of the bullseye I was shooting at.
IMG_20190508_0944123_rewind.jpg

This group measures about 2.5 inches
IMG_20190508_0940222_rewind.jpg

Best one of the morning. Just over 1.5 inches.
5 shot groups, 50 yards using S&B 185 grain fmj.
Still getting used to the trigger, but I'm liking this carbine more every time I shoot it!

Back
Top Bottom