• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I thought I had astigmatism.

I have a VERY slight astigmatism. I find that with higher end red dots it is usually barely noticeable unless the brightness is so high the dot blooms (like if it where on max brightness in a dark room) so typically Aimpoints and the like work fine. They way it was explained to me from someone in the optics industry is that the quality of the emitter (the actual laser beam) and the QC that goes into poking that very little exit hole (basically they take a full size laser and put a cover over it with a pin hole to control dot size and that helps battery life and the output potential of the laser ) has a great effect on the dots shape. So often times cheaper dots are not round to begin with.

I have found on the budget end the Vortex micro and Holosun offerings seem to be the best

The worst for me was the green MRO

Then aimpoints and eotechs are basically perfect … go figure

Could just go see any eye doctor and find out...
From your local ODT Eye doc.

But across the board crap optics are crap optics across the board. Scopes, Red dots, Glasses. If its made like crap it's gonna also have crap clarity which can certainly induce refractive error. What aggravates me is when someone takes their significant glasses Rx and goes and gets crap online glasses made in China and they don't even read out as what I wrote but the patient thinks its my fault they see like crap. okay rant over, TLDR you get what you paid for.

Whether high price/quality or low price/quality, the higher the intensity of the dot/reticle, the worse it'll be if you have astigmatism.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't buy good glass, it just means you should try and keep the brightness dialed down as low as you can, while still being able to use the sight.

Could just go see any eye doctor and find out...
From your local ODT Eye doc.

But across the board crap optics are crap optics across the board. Scopes, Red dots, Glasses. If its made like crap it's gonna also have crap clarity which can certainly induce refractive error. What aggravates me is when someone takes their significant glasses Rx and goes and gets crap online glasses made in China and they don't even read out as what I wrote but the patient thinks its my fault they see like crap. okay rant over, TLDR you get what you paid for.
Just renewed my glasses prescription, but haven’t filled it yet. Any recommendations?

Just renewed my glasses prescription, but haven’t filled it yet. Any recommendations?

Yeah, I am due up for eye tests.

And I know I'm gonna need to fill a prescription. I'm thinking of getting a special pair for shooting that corrects my right eye with a focus right on my front post, so if anyone has a recommendation for anyone in the Cherokee Co. area, I'd be grateful for it.

Back
Top Bottom