• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I thought I had astigmatism.

Just renewed my glasses prescription, but haven’t filled it yet. Any recommendations?
Myself, I've got two practices. One in Cartersville (Eyeworks) and one in Acworth (Vision One). I only use Essilor lenses and if you've got any issues you can call and ask for me (Dr. Hood) and or you can reach me here also.

Yeah, I am due up for eye tests.

And I know I'm gonna need to fill a prescription. I'm thinking of getting a special pair for shooting that corrects my right eye with a focus right on my front post, so if anyone has a recommendation for anyone in the Cherokee Co. area, I'd be grateful for it.
I've shot a lot of competition and having that experience certainly makes a difference when giving a Rx for shooting glasses. As stated above I'm in Cartersville and Acworth. Most of the time if I'm doing shooting glasses Rx I request you bring in whatever it is you wanna be in focus for (unloaded in a case) and we can measure you using that as the focal point. I do this a lot for air rifle and high power shooters.

Just say no to China optics. I got off of them about 2 years ago. I do not care what name brand it is.

Unfortunately, almost every optic has some or all parts that are made in China (or equivalent) If not assembled completely in China with a american name on it!

I want to buy american just finding 100% american made is almost impossible now a days!

Could just go see any eye doctor and find out...
From your local ODT Eye doc.

But across the board crap optics are crap optics across the board. Scopes, Red dots, Glasses. If its made like crap it's gonna also have crap clarity which can certainly induce refractive error. What aggravates me is when someone takes their significant glasses Rx and goes and gets crap online glasses made in China and they don't even read out as what I wrote but the patient thinks its my fault they see like crap. okay rant over, TLDR you get what you paid for.
When I purchased this I had looked through many manufactures up too and slightly over 300 bucks. All of them had the same affect. I figured if I had to deal with it I might as well get the cheaper of the bunch. The Vortex is the only one I didn't look through because that one in the showcase model the battery was shot. Wouldn't you know it. It was just a little more in price which is still a lot less expensive than a lot I tried. I had one of the Sightmark jobs in a 12 gauge tactical shotgun and it held zero like a king. Plus the dot was a little better. This last one the dot was much worse which is probably the reason the guy sold it in the first place. Well you live and learn.

My overall goal was to build as many rifles as I could until I felt I had acquired all the AR platform rifles I wanted in fear of the Democrats having their way and completely banning them. I always figured I could get optics for them after the fact. So I just purchased a inexpensive red dot in the middle of a build just to have something on it in case I needed it in time of crises here in the house. I have had this red dot for jez I don't know how many years. I got me on target at 50 yards and never lost zero so I figured I would just replace it down the line. It seems I am always in the middle of a build so I really haven't put the money into optics yet like I should but that will happen after I finish this AR-10 build since it will be my last personal build. I only want one red dot style sight as I will put LPVO optics in the rest. I never intended this sight to be a permanent fixture on the rifle but just a stand in until I could afford a much better unit. I am close to being done with this last personal build and then I will commit to outfitting my rifles with good quality optics. I mean they are almost as much as a good build is if I buy a really good one.

When I purchased this I had looked through many manufactures up too and slightly over 300 bucks. All of them had the same affect. I figured if I had to deal with it I might as well get the cheaper of the bunch. The Vortex is the only one I didn't look through because that one in the showcase model the battery was shot. Wouldn't you know it. It was just a little more in price which is still a lot less expensive than a lot I tried. I had one of the Sightmark jobs in a 12 gauge tactical shotgun and it held zero like a king. Plus the dot was a little better. This last one the dot was much worse which is probably the reason the guy sold it in the first place. Well you live and learn.

My overall goal was to build as many rifles as I could until I felt I had acquired all the AR platform rifles I wanted in fear of the Democrats having their way and completely banning them. I always figured I could get optics for them after the fact. So I just purchased a inexpensive red dot in the middle of a build just to have something on it in case I needed it in time of crises here in the house. I have had this red dot for jez I don't know how many years. I got me on target at 50 yards and never lost zero so I figured I would just replace it down the line. It seems I am always in the middle of a build so I really haven't put the money into optics yet like I should but that will happen after I finish this AR-10 build since it will be my last personal build. I only want one red dot style sight as I will put LPVO optics in the rest. I never intended this sight to be a permanent fixture on the rifle but just a stand in until I could afford a much better unit. I am close to being done with this last personal build and then I will commit to outfitting my rifles with good quality optics. I mean they are almost as much as a good build is if I buy a really good one.
Burdy Burdy almost always has a DEAL on optics at least once a year.

Burdy Burdy almost always has a DEAL on optics at least once a year.
Right now I have a handguard, barrel and BCG for this AR-10 and as you know that is quite the expense. After that though I will be looking at great quality optics for it and and few others that I run optics on. I will be sure to check his sales out when it comes time. Thank you for the heads up. Every little advantage helps on optics.

Back
Top Bottom