• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

If you wanted a 6" 1911 in 9mm...

Call Bobby at Freedom Gunworks in vidalia I think he is. Tell him what you want and he can probably hook you up. The patent on the sti/svi frame has expired and Bobby and someone else I can't remember who at the moment went in together to come up with their own 2011's built on their frame with an sti/svi grip.

Wow. I don't know weather to thank you or what! I just looked up some stuff on them on the web, and they are a VERY interesting company with some REALLY cool product!!!! I really like the idea of keeping my money here in Georgia. This could be a dangerous thing for me, and you may have just moved my timetable for this project up a bit. I sent them an email asking some questions, we'll see how they respond.

This is EXACTLY why I like this place so much!!!

Spoke to Bobby at Freedom Gunworks today. He seems like a nice enough guy. He took some time and talked me through some options.
It doesn't sound like a full 6" gun with a full rail like I pictured is commonly available.
If I went with one of their short-block kits, I could get out the door for $1500 +/- depending on what options I wanted (this also had a lot of extra machine work that is not on the plain-jane assembled gun).
If I went with a base 5" gun with no options fully assembled, it sounds like I could get out the door for about $2200-2300.

Anybody have other options/shops I should check with on something like this?

Go 6" slide with short dust cover frame. 6" guns aren't all that popular because they don't fit in the box.

But here's and idea. Go 5" slide and dust cover, and put a fake comp out on the end of a 6" barrel and tie the contours of the comp into the slide.......6" sight radius

But here's and idea. Go 5" slide and dust cover, and put a fake comp out on the end of a 6" barrel and tie the contours of the comp into the slide.......6" sight radius

I like the idea, but the only issue I have there is that I would like to use it as an occasional suppressor host. Would also like to do a bull barrel that's fully supported/ramped, not exactly sure how that's going to work out. I know just enough about 1911's to be dangerous, it seems. Off to do more research...

I like the idea, but the only issue I have there is that I would like to use it as an occasional suppressor host. Would also like to do a bull barrel that's fully supported/ramped, not exactly sure how that's going to work out. I know just enough about 1911's to be dangerous, it seems. Off to do more research...

Have the "comp" thread on. Then when you want to use as a suppressor host, just unthread it. You will lose the front sight but he'll you probably wouldn't be able to see it anyhow thru a can.

I've always wanted a SV Infinity 1911/2011.

img321.jpg

Back
Top Bottom