• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just closed on a vacation home in Steinhatchee Fl.

Yep, the days before "limits"...now you're allowed what...1 red, 15 trout...still love the water, scalloping is big down there too.
Steinhatchee is a great location to go scalloping. Most everyone to talk to down there always limits out. The season ends this weekend, I believe. We went a couple times last year, never got a chance to go this year though.

I owned a place there about 20 years ago.... wasn't much there then,great fishing on the flats,and great place to catch scallop's in the sea grass.... sure has changed
I’m sure it’s grown some, in the last 20 years. We really haven’t noticed it , having gone down there in the mid 80’s as kids. The only real craziness or flood of folks I’ve seen, was at the public boat launch and then only during scalloping season. You have people pulling boats from as far away as middle Georgia and nowhere else to launch from, other the public ramp. Fortunately you can get around that head, if you have a private slip on the river ( which Steinhatchee Landing has) or use the boat lift at one of the marinas . Other than that, you really don’t see traffic people.

I’m sure it’s grown some, in the last 20 years. We really haven’t noticed it , having gone down there in the mid 80’s as kids. The only real craziness or flood of folks I’ve seen, was at the public boat launch and then only during scalloping season. You have people pulling boats from as far away as middle Georgia and nowhere else to launch from, other the public ramp. Fortunately you can get around that head, if you have a private slip on the river ( which Steinhatchee Landing has) or use the boat lift at one of the marinas . Other than that, you really don’t see traffic people.
There's also a public ramp on the south side past Good Times & the Who Dat bar & grill.

Don’t forget about Stoney’s pizza and wings.
We always eat there.
My wife’s sister and husband own a place down there so we go several times a year.
The only draw back to the offshore fishing is we have to run so dam far out to get to the snapper and reef donkeys.The dam water is shallow running out from there.Nice quite little town.Dollar general just opened up a new store there that’s probably gonna take some of Mattie’s store business away.

1661908242348.jpeg

Don’t forget about Stoney’s pizza and wings.
We always eat there.
My wife’s sister and husband own a place down there so we go several times a year.
The only draw back to the offshore fishing is we have to run so dam far out to get to the snapper and reef donkeys.The dam water is shallow running out from there.Nice quite little town.Dollar general just opened up a new store there that’s probably gonna take some of Mattie’s store business away.
Nice haul on the snapper Remmy, that’s some fine eating fish right there.

We've had a place down there since 1997. We spend every Thanksgiving there and go down a dozen or so times a year. Places like that get ruined from people telling others about it. Now, any holiday the place turns into a sh*tshow of vacationers that come in, suck the life out of the town and then leave. Lots of meth there too. Over the years we've had tens of thousands of dollars worth of things stolen. Siphoning gas from vehicles, stolen mowers, stolen outboards. They will basically steel anything that isn't nailed down. The preacher that lives next door shot at someone on our property last year. Police are useless down there and the volunteers for the ramps are entitled. On the bright side, they found a body in the river a few months back of someone that was supposedly one of the biggest thief's in the area. But the fishing is great if you know where to go. I'm familiar with where your house is. It's a nice community there. We are closer to Sea Hag near the river.

The Cape was actually in the top ten beach locations in the U.S, a couple of years ago. Love hanging out there with My family
Have you heard any rumors about when the State will be finishing the restoration of the state park on Cape San Blas? Hurricane took it out a few years ago.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom