How manydickering PM's or post replys are enough to hit snooze

Votes: 3 6.0%

Votes: 16 32.0%

Votes: 7 14.0%

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Tacos,

Votes: 22 44.0%

• Total voters
I have one person on ignore and not due to deals. You people are too much fun to put on ignore.
If the price is firm and I think it's too much I move on. If the price is fair and I want it, I pay asking price. If I'm on the fence I'll make a reasonable offer. On the rare occasion that I sell something if I get a lowball/ridiculous offer I reply with "no thanks." I had a gun fer sail "no trades" got a trade offer, not a neck beard offer, and politely declined the offer. Ended up celling the gun to him. If someone is a jackass I tell them the item is no longer for cell.
All jackasses and non responders get their pm's marked with a star for future reference.
Life is too short to get bent out of shape over minor, meaningless chit. Took me 57 years to figure that out.

The negotiation gets really short when they explain why they are lowballing and I realize they have no idea what the item is or if it's a good deal...

Curious if anyone sees this like myself. If I post an ad FS or FT/FS and a PM comes in asking what is bottom dollar, and I reply with the very bottom dollar. The dickering begins, PM's about what Bud sells it for, yadda, yadda, internet yadda, lowball offer, reply once more with very bottom, and it persists, then I hit the end game button.

What else you got to do?

Bet you like canned hunts because you don't have to waste all that time waiting for a deer to come by on it's own accord.

Another member low balled me on a raggedy AR7 I had which was already cheap. So I didn't respond. Oh damn he got offended! Then he got even more pissed because I wouldn't mail it to him. I explained the mail regulations to him as explained to me by the friendly ladies at the Darien post office and then he started calling me ignor9,stupid,and so on. I told him I'd throw it in the Darien River tied to a concrete block before I sold it to him. So then another good as gold member said he needed a stock for an AR7 and I gave him the whole damn gun. But that other jerk off is on permanent ignore.

My dad had a friend who, back in the 1950's, was shockingly bold with women-- he would meet them out in public (not necessarily at a bar or nightclub) just out somewhere in public, chat them up, flirting outrageously.
Then within five minutes he would ask if they'd like to get laid with him.

I stopped my dad in his storytelling at this point, and I said "damn, I'll bet he got slapped across the face a lot."

Dad said, "Yeah, but he got laid a lot, too."

I often heard the late Clarence Franklin, God rest his soul, tell someone to their face when they told him "I can buy this for $!23.00 at Bubba's BAit and Tackle, and he would tell them "Well, then you'd be a fool to buy it here wouldn't you" and refuse to sell it to them.

Back
Top Bottom