• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking to buy a dependable .22lr Semi-Automatic Handgun. Suggestions?

Loves me some Ruger .22's!

And GSG 1911's and S&W Compact .22's - especially for suppressor work!

View attachment 1144162

My S&W M&P .22c is AWESOME. Zero complaints, built great 2 bricks down the pipe running like a Swiss watch
IMG_4578.JPG

My S&W M&P .22c is AWESOME. Zero complaints, built great 2 bricks down the pipe running like a Swiss watch
View attachment 1144697

I think this is what I'm going to buy. I read up on all of the guns mentioned in this thread and watched about a dozen videos, and this is what I think will fit my needs.

IMG_0719.JPG

If having a nice trigger pull is not important to you, go with the Ruger Mark III or the new S&W Victory.

If having a fairly crisp and light trigger is important out of the box, I suggest a Browning Buck Mark. The Buckmark is more expensive than the Ruger and it only comes with one magazine, but I think it's a much higher quality gun and it's easy to field strip for cleaning .

Here's mine. I bought it before they came out with factory threaded barrel Buckmarks. Today I would get a Buckmark that came factory-threaded.

View attachment 1144818

If having a nice trigger pull is not important to you, go with the Ruger Mark III or the new S&W Victory.

If having a fairly crisp and light trigger is important out of the box, I suggest a Browning Buck Mark. The Buckmark is more expensive than the Ruger and it only comes with one magazine, but I think it's a much higher quality gun and it's easy to field strip for cleaning .

Here's mine. I bought it before they came out with factory threaded barrel Buckmarks. Today I would get a Buckmark that came factory-threaded.

Without a doubt, the best out of the box trigger. Very light and no creep.

I think this is what I'm going to buy. I read up on all of the guns mentioned in this thread and watched about a dozen videos, and this is what I think will fit my needs.
It's nice because it's close enough to the type of centerfire pistols I shoot it still feels like a semi fighting pistol and not a target Mk style (which I'm also a huge fan of) but a tac light on a canned up M&P .22C is super duper backyard fun and night time Critter control. I had a few .22s and settled on the M&P and a Ruger 10/22 SBR (pending) these are the Plinker brothers
IMG_4577.JPG
IMG_4586.JPG
IMG_4587.JPG
IMG_5076.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4582.JPG
    IMG_4582.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 5
Hello Fellow ODTers,
I am looking for a Semi-Automatic .22lr handgun. I have never owned one, but I have read quite a few articles and watched about 30+ videos on the pros and cons of semi-auto .22 handguns. I am looking for something fun, dependable, and durable. I have a plethora of firearms, but nothing that I can just plunk to my hearts content with. Now that .22lr is no longer in short supply, I want to just have that extra range you that I can shoot a couple hundred rounds through. Any suggestions? I would like to stay under $500.00. Anything higher than that and I would be better off just buying a .22lr conversion kit for my Glock 17. I appreciate the help.

I personally own a Ruger Buck Mark 22 that is a great gun, but complicated to tear down and difficult to clean. the other 22 I have is the S&W M&P. It is very easy to disassemble and clean, it has a threaded barrel for my suppressor. it was under $350 at Georgia Gun Store in Gainesville, a great place to buy a gun!

Best current production pistol trigger is found on the Buckmark. Ruger triggers are dog **** and they are pain in the ass to take down for cleaning and maintenance.

Buckmark if you want new or get an old Hi Standard (mags can be pricey).

Back
Top Bottom