• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

M1 garand!

I put a slip on rubber recoil pad, and it still bruses my shoulder. Stock up on Ibuprofen.
PPU Garand ammo works good. And it is reloadable.

I put a slip on rubber recoil pad, and it still bruses my shoulder. Stock up on Ibuprofen.
PPU Garand ammo works good. And it is reloadable.

www.standardpartsllc.com_productcart_pc_catalog_d_sp59_brake.jpg.jpg

BM59 muzzle brake. Love it!

I've taken my Garand hunting with standard, cheap 150-grain soft point .30-06 loads.
Nothing marketed as "premium" or "extra power" or "highest velocity" or anything like that.
I figure a .30-06 is overkill for a deer in Georgia anyway, at iron-sight distances, so I don't need or want to squeeze the last bit of possible performance out of it for dropping a deer at 100-ish yards.

I've taken my Garand hunting with standard, cheap 150-grain soft point .30-06 loads.
Nothing marketed as "premium" or "extra power" or "highest velocity" or anything like that.
I figure a .30-06 is overkill for a deer in Georgia anyway, at iron-sight distances, so I don't need or want to squeeze the last bit of possible performance out of it for dropping a deer at 100-ish yards.

Same here, I have hunted with mine several times and just used regular HXP Ball ammo and it has dropped a deer with no issues.

Back
Top Bottom