• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Macon Gun Show. Worth going?

After you drive to Macon and check out the show be sure to drive a little to Warner Robins and check out Chuck's.

:rolleyes:
Chucks? Seriously ? I was just in there last Friday and ONLY to kill time. But Chucks is proud of their stuff. If you want selection and a real DEAL and since you'll already be in the ghetto just ride over to Howard's Pawn.

Chucks? Seriously ? I was just in there last Friday and ONLY to kill time. But Chucks is proud of their stuff. If you want selection and a real DEAL and since you'll already be in the ghetto just ride over to Howard's Pawn.

This is true. However, I HAVE bought from Chuck's before. Believe it or not, they do have a deal or 2 in there from time to time. Just like anywhere else.

This is true. However, I HAVE bought from Chuck's before. Believe it or not, they do have a deal or 2 in there from time to time. Just like anywhere else.
I DID see 2 pump guns on the used rack I wanted. One was an 80s vintage Mossberg with a vent rib barrel that had been cut down to what had to be THE limit. I mean it looked short! I think it was $189.00. The other was an old Stevens 67 or 77 style. You know the ugly ones with the tang safety. It was $169.00. But since we moved back here I don't have any whatcha call income. And since I already have 3 12 gauge pumps it would be tough to make that deal.

After you drive to Macon and check out the show be sure to drive a little to Warner Robins and check out Chuck's.

:rolleyes:
What in hell for!? That ass pirate's store sux. Shyts been in the display case so long the damn tag is unreadable due to being washed out by fluorescent lighting, LOL. How the hell anybody buys ANYTHING there is beyond me. Bunch of dumb airmen with re-up bonuses is all I can figure. Chuck's sucks.

Years ago it was then Matt Eastman threw out the guy who was beating other dealers prices. Matt was always willing to throw out sellers that upset his regulars.

What in hell for!? That ass pirate's store sux. Shyts been in the display case so long the damn tag is unreadable due to being washed out by fluorescent lighting, LOL. How the hell anybody buys ANYTHING there is beyond me. Bunch of dumb airmen with re-up bonuses is all I can figure. Chuck's sucks.
Well now hang on a minute. It DOES get worse than Chucks in middle GA. Although when you walk in any place like that and see the Big Green Eggs and the stacks of Yetis you immediately know the deal.
But anyway, there's a place across 75 from the Ag Center and it used to be called Brannen Outfitters. I think the Brannen guy killed himself a while back. But I went over there after we moved back up here. My landlord wanted to go visit his Ruger integrally suppressed take down barrel setup. He paid for it and stroked the check to the ATF about 13 months ago. Still waiting. Well it's all Springfield and Smith Custom Shop stuff in there. Granted I wasn't expecting to see Hi Points but they don't even carry Kel Tec. I think they're trying to be a small box version of a Bass Pro. They have kayaks out front with no prices on any of them. And they got the Sure Fire lights and the Costa shades etc and so forth . And yes, I felt kinda out of place.

Back
Top Bottom