Mark Kelly's unsucessful attempt at straw purchasing blocked by dealer

Why not? His shop so he can refuse to sell to anyone.

Ok, not the best choice of words. Sure the shop has the right to sell to whom they wish, but in my thoughts, they made the decision when they took the man's cash. Now, because the gun was entangled in a waiting period, they decide not to follow through with the sell?

People on here ripped Dick's a new one when they did a similar thing with AR's. They took the money, and then didn't follow through with the sell. Sure they returned the money, and $100 bucks on a gift card, but they didn't honor the agreement with the purchaser.

I think everyone should have the freedom to purchase the weapon of their choice if they are legal to do so. I thought we were a group of freedom loving people, but we don't want Kelly to be able to buy a weapon because he might use it for a political position we don't happen to agree with???

Really?

Ok, not the best choice of words. Sure the shop has the right to sell to whom they wish, but in my thoughts, they made the decision when they took the man's cash. Now, because the gun was entangled in a waiting period, they decide not to follow through with the sell?

People on here ripped Dick's a new one when they did a similar thing with AR's. They took the money, and then didn't follow through with the sell. Sure they returned the money, and $100 bucks on a gift card, but they didn't honor the agreement with the purchaser.

I think everyone should have the freedom to purchase the weapon of their choice if they are legal to do so. I thought we were a group of freedom loving people, but we don't want Kelly to be able to buy a weapon because he might use it for a political position we don't happen to agree with???

Really?

From what I understand, after Kelly bought the rifle and handgun he posted on Facebook about how easy it was and how he was going to make an example of this store and what a joke of how easy it was to get the rifle. The shop owner found out about this and canceled the sale. He then stated he would donate the rifle to the police as well as donate the purchase amount ($1200ish and change) in cash.

I would think that any store would do the same if a customer publicy claimed they were going to exploit the store, political or not.

I didn't mean that I think he shouldn't be able to buy it because he's making a political statement. What I meant is that I agree with the dealer for not going through with the sale, because in his shoes, I would have felt uncomfortable with the situation.

I completely agree with what you said about everyone having the freedom to exercise their Second Amendment rights, regardless of their political affiliation. I could have been a lot more clear in stating my position.

From what I understand, after Kelly bought the rifle and handgun he posted on Facebook about how easy it was and how he was going to make an example of this store and what a joke of how easy it was to get the rifle. The shop owner found out about this and canceled the sale. He then stated he would donate the rifle to the police as well as donate the purchase amount ($1200ish and change) in cash.

I would think that any store would do the same if a customer publicy claimed they were going to exploit the store, political or not.

Why? What Kelly said was true, and should be true. You should be able to walk into any gun store in the US and buy any firearm you want in my opinion, as long as you are legal to buy it. If I were president for the day, I would make full auto legal. Buying a firearm should be no harder than buying a case of beer. Select the item, bring to cashier, show correct ID and pay. Walk out with said purchase under your arm.

If Kelly wants to use that as an example of how to keep firearms out of the hands of criminals, he used the wrong person. He should have gotten a person that was NOT legal to purchase and tried to get the firearm. Let's see how that goes for him.

Typical hypocrisy from the gun grabbers. Also interesting to note that Kelly was going to KEEP the .45 caliber handgun. What for? Surely not for home defense. We all know the only appropriate firearm for home defense is a double barreled shotgun. :suspicious:

Back
Top Bottom