• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mechanics - what cars do you repair the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a long diatribe typed out but decided to just keep it simple. I worked for Toyota for 10 years and Volkswagen for 5 years. I saw every model each manufacturer makes pretty much every day while I worked there. They all have their issues/pattern failures, it just comes down to what you are looking for and what kind of issues you are willing to put up with.

What all have you swapped out on that bad boy to get it to 500?

I rebuilt the t350 in on my Kitchen counter when I was single, that was in 1992.
It has a Goodwrench motor that was put in 200,000 miles ago.
Got a deal on a rebuilt bench seat for it last year.
Othe than that, just belts, hoses, plugs, and brake linings like everything else.

It has hauled many tons of hay and trailered horses all over Ga and Al. It was a construction contractor's work truck when I bought it.

I rebuilt the t350 in on my Kitchen counter when I was single, that was in 1992.
It has a Goodwrench motor that was put in 200,000 miles ago.
Got a deal on a rebuilt bench seat for it last year.
Othe than that, just belts, hoses, plugs, and brake linings like everything else.

It has hauled many tons of hay and trailered horses all over Ga and Al. It was a construction contractor's work truck when I bought it.
What year model?

You need to be a member to see the 2019 top 10 picks but that is a pretty good list for the top 10 most unreliable though with one caveat. Climate control and infotainment complaints shouldn't be so heavily weighted. How long the engine and transmission will last is infinitely more important to me than how intuitive the radio is use.

Truthfully, that's more a personal beef with Consumer Reports than anything.

You need to be a member to see the 2019 top 10 picks but that is a pretty good list for the top 10 most unreliable though with one caveat. Climate control and infotainment complaints shouldn't be so heavily weighted. How long the engine and transmission will last is infinitely more important to me than how intuitive the radio is use.

Truthfully, that's more a personal beef with Consumer Reports than anything.
Here you go. But this is by class. https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...-subaru-toyota-dominate-top-picks/2936504002/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom