Misrepresented Item and the true story behind it

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have dealt with Slim and he is 1st class - period. There's a HUGE difference in a pistol being worked on by one of the best smiths in GA and worked on by an owner and then misrepresented. I hope the truth comes out as anyone that would do this is deserving of being ostracized and avoided...

I acquired a Springfield 1911 that had been customized a few months ago from a fellow ODT member. I was told the custom work was done by Pedro Ortiz. I have a print out from an e-mail describing what Pedro did to the pistol. I shot the pistol and liked it well enough but got the trade bug and listed it on here in the last few days. I described the pistol as it was described to me and struck up a deal with a brand new member of our community, we set up a meeting for Friday evening and everyone goes to bed happy. This morning I have a PM from the original owner of the pistol telling me the pistol was not worked on by Pedro Ortiz. It was customized pretty much as described but by the original owner and not Pedro. I know at least 2 people owned the pistol between the original owner and myself, what I don't know is where the false description originated. Now for the rest of the story......

I passed this new information along to the member I had traded the 1911 to. We are still going to trade but I am not getting what we originally agreed to and I shouldn't. I hope to some day know the entire truth of the matter but in the mean time I just wanted to let everyone know that I didn't intentionally lie about this pistol. That is not something I would ever do. I do think there were at least a few members on here who knew the story behind this pistol and mainly hope they read this and realize I am not the one who lied about it.

I still love this place and will continue to use it and if I find out 100% sure who made up the story I will attempt to change the positive feedback I gave for the transaction if it turns out to be the person I dealt with. I certainly hope it isn't and make no accusations. If you have any information you would like to share via PM please do so. Everyone have a great evening............Jeff

As said in pms, i purchased the pistol and built it. I loved the springfield loaded, but i hate front serrations on a 1911, which is why this pistol was built the way it is. Pedro did work on this gun, though all he did was a trigger job, and the parts he worked on were eventually replaced by myself.

The barrel waas replaced after a squib incident, and the new barrel had nearly 2k rounds on it by the time i traded it off. Theperson i traded thegun to would have known this, as they were usually standing right next to me watching me work on the thing because i worked on it their house, in their shop. They were also always with me while i was shooting this thing at the range, because i always rode their with them.

I will call no names in this because thats not my style, but you know who you are, and you know/knew exactly what you were doing. I wont even get started on the grand raptor bs............

OK it's getting juicy.. Any bets laid down yet?

im not here to start a pissing match and i dont intend for it to turn out that way. this started as a private conversation between myself and op. only reason i am now posting in the public forum about this is because others publicly asked questions regarding the pistol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom