• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Moon

We have spent Trillions upon Trillions of dollars to fly the shuttle into space just to put satellites in orbit and run scientific experiments. If it is true the moon is the only planet we have been able to put a man on. Why would we not go back there and explore, drill and set up camp. Hmmmmmmmmm

Because it's not a planet. It's just a big dead rock. If there are any valuable minerals the cost of getting them to earth would be thousands of times their value. Putting a shuttle into earth orbit is a HELL of a lot easier than going to the moon.

Back then I'm sure they had at least one spy in nasa. They would have exposed that like monica lewinski's blue dress!

^^^^THIS. Besides Russia had the technology to follow the mission just like we did. I grew up during the "Cold War", if it was faked, they would have jumped all over embarressing America. I watched this on tv, how about you guys?

^^^^THIS. Besides Russia had the technology to follow the mission just like we did. I grew up during the "Cold War", if it was faked, they would have jumped all over embarressing America. I watched this on tv, how about you guys?

Quoted for truth. I grew up during the Cold War and the Soviets used anything they could find or invent to embarrass and/or discredit the US...

Quoted for truth. I grew up during the Cold War and the Soviets used anything they could find or invent to embarrass and/or discredit the US...

yep. Plus what is the moon? Its really nothing. If they found gold on the moon you can bet your sweet butt we would have gone back many times. There is really nothing there. So why waste the money?

I know why we never went back to the moon, DUuuuHHHHHH!!!!!! The moons populated with Zombies.:p

Last edited by a moderator:
if it was fake, think about how many people in nasa would have to keep this secret. somebody would've talked by now. i think they definately went, and to suggest that they did'nt is a real slap in the face to the men that went up there.

Have the Russians ever been? If so then I'm sure they would be quick to tell us that it was a fake.

Russians didn't go and, in fact, said it was impossible, for a number of reasons.

Personally, the evidence presented to show it as fake is not terribly convincing. I mean, for one thing...look at the movies that came out in the late 60's to early 70's...do you really think the special effects were good enough to pull it off and have it still look legit today?

See previous quote:

They did say it back then in an attempt to discredit us. It's just that their attempts to discredit were, themselves, not credible. There was something about the Van Allen radiation belt being deadly to astronauts or whatever. Apparently, the Russians math was a little off as our guys got trough with no problem.

As to why we haven't been back, that's been answered quite sufficiently, I think. The goal was to beat and/or one up the Russians. We did that. There appears to be nothing on inherent value on the moon, so once we accomplished our goal, there's no reason to stick around.

Back
Top Bottom