• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Moon

Non-believer...why haven't we been back???

Let's think this out.

You live on the outskirts of a desert. You could go to the heart of the desert. You have the ability to get there and get back. There's nothing in said desert. The only thing to gain would be "I went there and back" bragging rights.

The difference of the two scenarios is money. Your journey might cost thousands of dollars. The journey to the moon and back would cost trillions. We've been spending money fighting wars for the past few decades, and the government is broke. Does it make sense to go back for "more bragging rights"?

The argument that the Russians would have jumped at the chance to embarrass the US if they found out we really did not go to the moon is very WEAK. If the Russians came out and proved we didn't go... NO ONE IN THE US WOULD BELIEVE THEM ANYWAYS.

Educate yourselves about the missions. Stop being "That crazy guy" to all your neighbors.
Lunar Laser Ranging Experiment
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_Laser_Ranging_experiment
Not only did they leave ALOT of things on the moon but a set of range finding mirrors are still being used today. A high powered laser can be used to tell the ever increasing distance to the Moon by hitting one of these mirrors.

Better question....what happened to make us not want to go back?

There was nothing useful there. Good place to make concrete though I would guess. Send enough water and you could make a concrete moon base and..........? There is still nothing there.

Let's think this out.
We've been spending money fighting wars for the past few decades, and the government is broke. Does it make sense to go back for "more bragging rights"?

So true! Folks, Our Government has no money. If we want them to go back, guess who will have to fork over the money......me and you

I'm just gonna throw this out there and go with Richard Hoagland's idea that the moon landing was real, but the pictures were touched up to hide the ancient ruins. Hey I'm just sayin it makes it more interesting lol

I've been reading a lot of "why haven't we been back posts".. you guys know there have been 6 missions to the moon and like 20 some odd people walking on it right?

Back
Top Bottom