• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Move over law ticket????

I got one of these in Florida about 10 years ago.

I went to court over it and it turned into a he said / he said thing.

The officer was out of his car at the time and didn't have any proof I didn't slow down. Just his visual observation and estimation that I didn't...

It got thrown out.

I was in court for two window tinting violations and they were calling people up 4 at a time for this offense and it was $500 per person! They made a deal with them if you could pay on the spot it was only $250 per person. I got out of both of my window tinting violation:)

Next time you are in this situation, be sure and put on your signal that you WANT to get over. That will be picked up on the officer's camera, as well as the traffic cameras for that area, making it clear of your intention to get over. Then you can use their own system to support your case (they are required to provide the video to you), and they will never refute their own gestapo system.

I'm assuming that the cop had someone else already pulled over? Take it to court and request that the dash cam tape be brought in. The law says that you must Move over and if you can't, slow down to a reasonable speed and prepare to stop. If the cop had someone pulled over, his dash cam will have recorded you as you went by. If there was someone next to you, you should be able to get the ticket thrown out.

I think up to 500.

Probably not worth a lawyer.

It sucks though-cause I did slow down, but cop said I didn't try to slow
I think if you don't move over, you're supposed to slow down to 10 below the limit. I'm assuming this is for not moving over for a cop, not driving to slow in the fast lane.

Anyone know whether it carries points?

I like the point about the blinker. I will keep that in mind.

It just sucks. I wasn't trying to be an asshole, but the guy next to me totally blocked me by slowing down. I think he did it on purpose

It's a moving violation so I imagine it carrys point. Talk with the county solicitor and you may be able to avoid the ticket or Atleast avoid the points

He should be able to get it dismissed entirely. You are supposed to move over unless it would create a hazard to traffic. Since "rubbin" isnt' allowed, that qualifies.

Back
Top Bottom