• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Move over law ticket????

When they are doing a leap frog type sting it is no more than revenue generation IMO. I got one of these in Dublin Ga one time and it cost 275.00. The law had barely gone into effect and I had never heard of it. He told me ignorance of the law was no excuse. :-) They had 1 cop car just pulling one over and then giving the reigns over to the next cop car and on and on. I don't disagree with the law and there was a problem with officers getting killed or injured but I think it's naïve to think that the almighty dollar is not being generated with this as the excuse/reason.

Well I'm sure, you're right. in that it is super easy way to rack up tickets and fines, and I'm sorry you got caught up in it, but nothing sears into the brains of the idiot driver public that, "yeah MFer, its the right thing to do to pull into the opposite lane if there is a stopped vehicle on the shoulder." better than hitting them in the pocketbook.

... I like the point about the blinker. I will keep that in mind.

It just sucks. I wasn't trying to be an asshole, but the guy next to me totally blocked me by slowing down. I think he did it on purpose

Hmmm... If you didn't have your blinker on, how was he supposed to know you wanted to change lanes?

That's an excellent point though, I try to stay out of the right lane as much as possible, but a blinker in that situation would be great evidence that you at least tried to comply.

Also, unless he radar'd you, how's he going to prove that you didn't slow down 10 MPH below the limit? Seems like that's the way to argue it.

When they are doing a leap frog type sting it is no more than revenue generation IMO. I got one of these in Dublin Ga one time and it cost 275.00. The law had barely gone into effect and I had never heard of it. He told me ignorance of the law was no excuse. :-) They had 1 cop car just pulling one over and then giving the reigns over to the next cop car and on and on. I don't disagree with the law and there was a problem with officers getting killed or injured but I think it's naïve to think that the almighty dollar is not being generated with this as the excuse/reason.

I may try and show up to court. The more I think about this, the more it cheeses me off. It was a blind hill, and the officer had no way to tell whether or not (or how much) I slowed down. If I had panicked, and jerked over into the guy on the left-we would have had some real problems. The blind hill part is what gets me. If you want to give tickets for this sort of thing, you really shouldn't be doing it over a blind hill or around a curve.

Hmmm... If you didn't have your blinker on, how was he supposed to know you wanted to change lanes?

That's an excellent point though, I try to stay out of the right lane as much as possible, but a blinker in that situation would be great evidence that you at least tried to comply.

Also, unless he radar'd you, how's he going to prove that you didn;t slow down 10 MPH below the limit? Seems like that's the way to argue it.

That's what I'm thinking. He was standing outside his car, talking to a wrecker guy. He definitely didn't shoot me with radar.

From his point of view, it may look like I didn't try and slow-just because dickweed to the left of me was slowing at the same rate and blocking me.

I think I did turn my blinker on. Not sure about that, though.

Unless his car has an always-on system, I would just go with the fact that he has no idea how fast you were going.

It sucks that what's a 2-minute ticket for him to write will take a full day for you to resolve though.

Be careful of what you say when they talk/ask questions on the side of the road, they record everything, it can come back to bite.........never even half-way acknowledge any wrong doing, they are trained to ask tricky questions and your verbal response at the time can nail your ass.

Request a copy of the revenue collection oficers dash cam To Show here was a car beside you

And without a radar running the revenue collection officer has no idea weather you slowed down or not

And definitely go to court or call the prosecutor or judge
Do not just pay it

Last edited:

Also, unless he radar'd you, how's he going to prove that you didn't slow down 10 MPH below the limit? Seems like that's the way to argue it.

Unless technology has changed they can't use a radar gun to clock you while they are A) behind you and B) moving. They use pacing to get your speed if they are following you.

Back
Top Bottom