• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Nothing can drive you insane faster than.........

watched video on youtube and thought...hey, this doesn't look hard.....three hours and a 30 minute call to Ruger support and I got it back together and swore I would never take it apart again and if I ever met the design engineer I would put a hex on his family...foam the crap out of it

Clean? A .22LR pistol? :noidea:

I usually go a couple thousand rounds if not more before cleaning. By then crap is so caked in places, I pressure wash it, dry it as best as possible, then hit it with brake parts cleaner, then light oil. Although well see how well the frog lube does with making cleaning easier.

22 is fun to shoot but thoroughly cleaning a 22lr rifle is a pain i dreaded cleaning my remington 552, all those little patches of cloth and they just kept coming out dirty. cleaning a short barrle aint got nothing on cleaning a long barrel with such a small hole

then i started using foaming engine cleaner and the residue just flowed out
**** patches!! After 5k rounds through my daughters 15-22, lil dip of solvent on the bore snake, pull it through several times, clean as a whistle

I usually go a couple thousand rounds if not more before cleaning. By then crap is so caked in places, I pressure wash it, dry it as best as possible, then hit it with brake parts cleaner, then light oil. Although well see how well the frog lube does with making cleaning easier.
You pressure wash your guns??

They are a pain in the A$$ ... cock hammer ..to put one piece in ... Uncock to install another ... the springs are hell to put back in . Weird made firearm

You pressure wash your guns??

Just the 22's. I just turn on the garden hose, use a high pressure nozzle and spray it out. Then dry it as best as I can, spray brake parts cleaned to dissipate water, dry thar out, lightly oil. 22 gets powder every where, and I'm too lazy to be brushing and patching nooks and crannies.

this_thread_delivers_ups_chick_amaz.jpg

Back
Top Bottom