• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

People trying to buy from Out Of State (Gun Show)

Yeah.... Been there, read it all. As someone else said, it's all about as clear as mud but it would appear that if I want to be legit (not that it doesn't appear that by the written law that I could do an FTF sale based on the paperwork I have available, but b/c nobody will entertain the nuances of this situation) then I may as well hop in the car and drive to the KY state line and find the closest FFL to get the job done. I get the laws and I will abide by them but DAMN, man.... They sure do try as hard as they can to make it difficult for someone in my situation with the dual residency that's trying to follow the letter of the law yet get a purchase done on the second hand market.
Thanks to all for your opinons. Seems to me it's the govt that needs to make things more clear in their rulings.

Last edited:
I always ask for ID of some sort at the least.... I didn't realize you can't sell to an out of state person though....

Residence requirements are just another in a long line of ill conceived gun laws that simply make otherwise responsible citizens into criminals. I can walk into any gun store in my home state of SC, pass an instant background check, and walk out with a firearm. Why should that change if drive 15 minutes and cross into GA? Am I somehow less qualified or less law abiding in GA than in SC?

Back
Top Bottom