Pet friendly but you have breed restrictions???

When you live in other people's property, you have to obey their rules. Apartment companies have something call "liability" and like it or not they have a duty to their shareholders to reduce "liability" as much as possible. Perception is reality and a lab biting someone is perceived differently that a pit. Deal with it.

Yep. They would actually be fools not to. If a pit bull attacks a kid, it is all over the news. If a Labradoodle does it, you don't hear a thing about it unless the kid is completely disfigured or killed.

Repeat after me, " It's an American Staffordshire Terrier, not a pit bull"
Call it whatever you want. Do you think the media calls them modern semi automatic sporting rifles? No,because that doesn't get the same reaction.
I often wonder why the chow is not listed as "viscous" breed b/c dem *****es are worse than my red nose ever thought of being.
When I list properties for my landlord Chows are the first ones I put on the forbidden list. Yes Rottweilers and Pitt Bulls are on there too. The latter two breeds are mainly due to insurance company restrictions. But I put Chows on there cause I hate the sneaky unpredictable bastards. Admittedly I've had more episodes when I thought I'd have to be at a Chow to death with a shovel/ hammer than I have with Pitts\ Rotts combined. Especially if theres more than one of them.
Never thought about Mastiffs that way. I think the only danger with them is if the fall or lay on you. Big babies most of the time.

When you live in other people's property, you have to obey their rules. Apartment companies have something call "liability" and like it or not they have a duty to their shareholders to reduce "liability" as much as possible. Perception is reality and a lab biting someone is perceived differently that a pit. Deal with it.

Yeah, I agree with you dude with some of that. It is others people's property and if one was to choose to live there, they should obey their rules. And "liability" is not a conceptual matter, but a factual one. And last (in agreement), a dog's bite pattern and aggression are different within certain breeds (Lab's a bad comparison btw, as there have been many cases of physical deformities [especially children] by that breeds in particular). Oh, I'm a Lab owner (his name is Max), so no slant there. With all that said, "the deal it" is not a solution, but a reinforcement of a continual problem of the misperception of breeds that are considered "aggressive" or "vicious." I will totally agree that a dog's breeding has instinctual qualities bred into them (i.e.. GSP is a bird dog, Border Collie a shepherding dog, and Doberman a guard dog), but i am a firm believer a dog is a product of it's life experience, social interaction, and most importantly, it's owners leadership. I have worked and been around many different breeds (and I mean all types) and do you know which one's I have found to be the biggest sweet hearts? Pit bulls. Do you know what I also found in common with those dogs? Loving owners that socialize the dog regularly. I believe because of past breeding tendency (trying to breed more aggressive dogs), media glorification and spotlighting, and again most of all, ****ty ass owners that treat their dogs as weapons rather than family are to blame, not the breed. Years have changed since the Pit bull original breeding purpose (English dog used to fight in pits) and Doberman (Suspicious guard dogs used to protect a banker) to where they have evolved into family pets (feel free to fact check that). So deal with it? Nope. Human's need to take responsibility for their action in the raising and socialization of their particular breeds and take corrective measures when problems arise, and socially, the ignorance of what picture is painted on these breeds need to change towards a more open and understanding minded one. BTW: That is a picture of my wife and Doc (my friends dobie). One of the most friendly dog you will meet. In fact, the only fear you should have with him is when you are stitting on the couch and his 110 lbs ass decides he wants to be a lap dog
IMG_7737.JPG

Last edited:
How can you be called pet friendly when you have breed restrictions and what the heck is a aggressive breed. Looking for a new place and it's getting frustrating, I just don't get it smh.

View attachment 407286
I'll be honest with you. It's extremely hard for the communities to police breeds. My wife has been in property management for a long time and they rarely do anything about it. Breed restrictions are based on numbers pulled from research that show which dogs are responsible for attacks. From an insurance stand point, a dog bite/attack on somebody/their family/other animals can cost managent companies thousands & thousands and in some cases millions. It's to protect their best interest, not yours. If it was me, don't tell tem you have a pet and skate under the radar.

I'll be honest with you. It's extremely hard for the communities to police breeds. My wife has been in property management for a long time and they rarely do anything about it. Breed restrictions are based on numbers pulled from research that show which dogs are responsible for attacks. From an insurance stand point, a dog bite/attack on somebody/their family/other animals can cost managent companies thousands & thousands and in some cases millions. It's to protect their best interest, not yours. If it was me, don't tell tem you have a pet and skate under the radar.
Only problem with not telling them is I actually walk my dog and like to go out and take her places with. When I first got her as a pup, I did that and eventually got found out at the apartment I was in, but that is a whole nother can of worms. Can they had pits there. One lady had one but knew the property manager so she called it something else. I called mine a staffordshire bull terrier and the manager called some random animal hospital and asked if that was considered a pitbull. I just want to be up front so no problems arise down the road.

Call it whatever you want. Do you think the media calls them modern semi automatic sporting rifles? No,because that doesn't get the same reaction.

When I list properties for my landlord Chows are the first ones I put on the forbidden list. Yes Rottweilers and Pitt Bulls are on there too. The latter two breeds are mainly due to insurance company restrictions. But I put Chows on there cause I hate the sneaky unpredictable bastards. Admittedly I've had more episodes when I thought I'd have to be at a Chow to death with a shovel/ hammer than I have with Pitts\ Rotts combined. Especially if theres more than one of them.
Never thought about Mastiffs that way. I think the only danger with them is if the fall or lay on you. Big babies most of the time.
Their was a good documentary on netflix about pitbulls and the misconception of them, it was really interesting and sad to say the least.

Only problem with not telling them is I actually walk my dog and like to go out and take her places with. When I first got her as a pup, I did that and eventually got found out at the apartment I was in, but that is a whole nother can of worms. Can they had pits there. One lady had one but knew the property manager so she called it something else. I called mine a staffordshire bull terrier and the manager called some random animal hospital and asked if that was considered a pitbull. I just want to be up front so no problems arise down the road.
Put the dog in a car and go to a dog park. I live in my community with a pit bull and for the last 4 yrs have never had a single issue. The only way you get caught is if a neighbor turns your in, or your dog barks excessively.

Put the dog in a car and go to a dog park. I live in my community with a pit bull and for the last 4 yrs have never had a single issue. The only way you get caught is if a neighbor turns your in, or your dog barks excessively.
Mines real quiet, only barks when needed. That's how I got found out when I first got her at a apartment, a little dog came up to her and she sniffed her. Guess the sniffing was threatening lol.

Back
Top Bottom