• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pickens County Democratic Party Sept 16th Meeting Subject "Gun Safety"

Rereading that email it appears they don't even want the officer to be armed.

(I don't know the County's policy on bringing weapons into public buildings, but I would hope that can be discouraged.)

Last edited:
Rereading that email it appears they don't even want the officer to be armed.

(I don't know the County's policy on bringing weapons into public buildings, but I would hope that can be discouraged.)

I read that as they are aware that citizens having a GWL can carry many places but they were not sure of the specific weapons restrictions at the facility as they mentioned undesirables (us) and wanting police (obviously armed) to protect their sorry asses.

See the prefaced comment:

Given the emotional nature of the topic and the public space, would it be possible to have an officer present, to discourage physical disruption? (I don't know the County's policy on bringing weapons into public buildings, but I would hope that can be discouraged.)

They want cops and disarmed citizens in attendance as they have a measure of fear. Why? Given the nature of their advances and objectives they have probably had more than one terse e-mail, letter or encounter with someone who has seen through their bull stuff.

They are total retards as they appear unaware that State gun law trumps local laws and are as well unaware that it is a "government" building that prevents legal citizen carry. Trust me they are idiots and will only quantify how much the more they are allowed to open their mouths and remove any further doubt.

On a side note, if attending one of their meetings I would ask them some basic common knowledge questions on citizen carry and basic gun laws that anyone who arms themselves within the law should know. The deer caught in headlights look would suit them well as they are schooled a bit on their overwhelming ignorance. Best done in a large crowd with media present, doubtful they would ever allow it to be seen though.

Last edited:
Well it's a guy not a woman that wrote the email. He's the chairman of the Pickens Dems.

And I think and my english teacher gf think that "county's policy" is talking about the officer. I think he would say "law" or "ordinance" as he comes across as educated in his letters to the editor and should know the difference. In the video near the end the college student says she's nervous about the guy outside the door with a gun....he is the sheriff's deputy they asked for.

Well it's a guy not a woman that wrote the email. He's the chairman of the Pickens Dems.

And I think and my english teacher gf think that "county's policy" is talking about the officer. I think he would say "law" or "ordinance" as he comes across as educated in his letters to the editor and should know the difference. In the video near the end the college student says she's nervous about the guy outside the door with a gun....he is the sheriff's deputy they asked for.

So they (the op of the e-mail) are in fear of cops with guns? Really?

Being educated doesn't often correlate to being intelligent.

Got the op of the email, and corrected the gender posting.

Last edited:
So they (the op of the e-mail) are in fear of cops with guns? Really?

Being educated doesn't often correlate to being intelligent.

Got the op of the email, and corrected the gender posting.

Well I decided to give him the benefit of doubt. In my letter to the editor, I assumed he was worried about regular citizens. If I'm wrong he will call me out on it next week in the Pickens County Progress. Here it is posted at another local website.

http://www.knowpickens.com/pressrelease.asp?PressRelease=2101&OPINION: Concerning Democratic Party Meeting on 'Gun Safety'

The topic for September’s local Democratic Party meeting was discreetly advertised in my community as "Gun Safety," but delivered Gun Control. This meeting was held in the library, a "Gun-Free Zone." In the video of the meeting posted online, an attendee expressed concern about a man standing outside the room with a gun, saying, “He makes me nervous out there." She went on to explain that her nervousness was not directed specifically toward one individual, but "it's still a gun, it's still a person" and that all people are susceptible to "feelings and emotions and anger...

Great response Mt pass, I can't wait to see the Progress. There letter to the Sheriff just shows what a bunch of idiots they really are. I couldn't take but a couple minutes of Miss AJC obviously she doesn't get outside 285 much. She knows nothing of the majority of citizens of this state spewing her liberal babble makes me want to throw up.

are their enough democrats in Georgia to throw a democratic party? because the only ones i have met would be expecting a free dinner of chicken and waffles. or are our senators

Back
Top Bottom