• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pickens County Democratic Party Sept 16th Meeting Subject "Gun Safety"

They are worse, they are people that think they have an answer and really have not researched anything and spew dribble because "guns are scary". Nothing worse than a "educator" that does not know or understand the subject. They are fun to mess with though.

Well put sir..

A few good quotes....

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
- Martin Luther King Jr. (1929-1968)

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."- C.S. Lewis

A quote from one of the most famous ACLU lawyers:

"Foolish liberals who are trying to read the Second Amendment out of the constitution by claiming it's not an individual right or that it's too much of a safety hazard don’t see the danger of the big picture. They're courting disaster by encouraging others to use this same means to eliminate portions of the Constitution they don't like."- Alan Dershowitz

I live in Pickens County, and I have carried, openly and concealed, all over the place, without so much as a second glance, much less someone coming up to me and telling me they're uncomfortable. I am employed in Public Safety, so it could be that I only go to places that I know would not have a problem, but then again, not really. Pickens County seems to me to be overwhelmingly conservative and pro Second Amendment. What liberals/democrats there are must be concentrated in Big Canoe and Bent Tree, where they are protected by "No Hunting" regulations and manned gates. I love my safe and conservative community, and i think it will be this way here for a long time!

Well I got back from vacation and after watching the video I noticed the college student being fearful of someone outside the meeting(protecting them) that was carrying a gun. So I confirmed it was a PCS deputy with someone that attended, so I filed an open records request with the PSC to see who if anyone requested a deputy. Turns out the Pickens Democratic Party did.

Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2013 4:03 PM

To: Sheriff Donnie Craig

Subject: Meeting at public library, Monday evening

Dear Sheriff Craig:

Pickens County Democrats are holding the meeting announced below in the Pickens County Public Library on Monday evening, at 7:00 pm.

This has been announced to our email list rather than widely to the general public, since we want a quiet presentation for people who are interested in learning more about this issue. (The presenters will be taking questions from the audience. It will be videoed by KnowPickens.com.)

Given the emotional nature of the topic and the public space, would it be possible to have an officer present, to discourage physical disruption? (I don't know the County's policy on bringing weapons into public buildings, but I would hope that can be discouraged.)

Thank you for your consideration.

David Robinson

So just so I get this right, they hold their meeting in the Gun Free Zone of the library(for the first time, usually it's in the Microtel), only advertise with like minded folks about the open meeting, meeting is on "Gun Safety" but talk about making sure to keep GFZs, and then request a good guy with a gun(that the law-abiding taxpayers of Pickens County paid for) to protect them in their beloved GFZ.

Well I got back from vacation and after watching the video I noticed the college student being fearful of someone outside the meeting(protecting them) that was carrying a gun. So I confirmed it was a PCS deputy with someone that attended, so I filed an open records request with the PSC to see who if anyone requested a deputy. Turns out the Pickens Democratic Party did.

So just so I get this right, they hold their meeting in the Gun Free Zone of the library(for the first time, usually it's in the Microtel), only advertise with like minded folks about the open meeting, meeting is on "Gun Safety" but talk about making sure to keep GFZs, and then request a good guy with a gun(that the law-abiding taxpayers of Pickens County paid for) to protect them in their beloved GFZ.

That is funny that even they don't trust GFZ's? Hmmmmm.... Good work on this one Mountainpass!

Shocking isn't it....

"Gun Free Zones" are the most powerful tool wielded by the liberal left and they will guard them to the bitter end.

The death and destruction allowed by passage of these "common sense" laws has been far too often the catalyst for the stripping the rights from the citizenry. Why in God's green earth would they abandon them?

But of course when they have to operate within the constraints of them, they will indeed circumvent them to their benefit. To hell with the common folks.

Does this surprise anyone who has a measure of awareness?

If the shi* were to ever hit rapid rotating blades It's people like that that would die first. they'd be waiting for some "trained armed rescue task force" to come save them and take them to the country club on mars way from all the crazy gun wielding folk...... Their little meeting has no power in this state and it is pretty funny to think that their words actually will make a difference to people . Retards will forever be ignorant retards.
It's nothing more than a popeye's staff meeting

If the shi* were to ever hit rapid rotating blades It's people like that that would die first. they'd be waiting for some "trained armed rescue task force" to come save them and take them to the country club on mars way from all the crazy gun wielding folk...... Their little meeting has no power in this state and it is pretty funny to think that their words actually will make a difference to people . Retards will forever be ignorant retards.
It's nothing more than a popeye's staff meeting

As well as those like her, perhaps she could rewrite our constitution to the "Declaration of Dependence".

Back
Top Bottom