• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pickens County Democratic Party Sept 16th Meeting Subject "Gun Safety"

mountainpass

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
15   0
Reaction score
When I saw the subject I laughed so much I almost fell out of my chair, when they released the speakers names I did fall.

http://www.pickensprogresonline.com/news/2576-gun-safety-topic-of-next-pickens-democrat-meeting.html

Kathryn Grant and Melinda Ennis will present the contents and implications of SB101, a bill that was passed last session by the Georgia House of Representatives and will be considered by the Georgia Senate in the upcoming session.

From an AJC article from earlier in the year.

“We do not believe guns are safe in public places,” said Melinda Ennis, a co-chapter head of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense. “People are emotional and aren’t well-trained. You just can’t legislate it and you cannot control emotional people with guns.”

Ennis is married to Bert Roughton, a managing editor and the senior editorial director of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

So "Gun Safety" to them is no guns in public. Period

“We do not believe guns are safe in public places,” said Melinda Ennis, a co-chapter head of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense. “People are emotional and aren’t well-trained. You just can’t legislate it and you cannot control emotional people with guns.”

Part of the whole transference of their own fears... since they aren't trained and have no control over their emotions they assume that everyone else is that way. Cops are people and no one talks about them being emotional and in need of control...

Let them move to NY, Detroit, or Chicago. Plenty of gun rules there to control emotional people.

Yes... I still have yet to see any of the anti-freedom crowd provide an example of a CWL holder committing the type of crime they want to prevent with carry restrictions and bans.

It's funny when people who are scared of guns and have never handled them before can teach you about gun safety. They live in their little high class neighborhoods with their country club memberships in ****ing make-believe land. Let them come down to the real world, hell, watch the damn news and you can see that there are crazy people everywhere. Why does no one touch on the fact that the majority of these events are used with firearms that were OBTAINED ILLEGALLY! It's not law abiding, legal gun carrying citizens out there committing these crimes. And isn't it convenient that this is posted in the AJC and her husband just happens to be an employee there.

"People are emotional and aren’t well-trained. You just can’t legislate it and you cannot control emotional people with guns.”

They make this type of statement and then they want to pass laws to control guns.............Sad part about it is that they do not see the irony of their actions and words. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom