• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Police and social services show up after report of picture of boy holding gun

Happens every day in Georgia. DFACS gets complaint... Anonymous of course, and go out to do a welfare check. People want to be nice, and screw themselves. Rule #1- No warrant, they are trespassing. If they say they will be back with LEO... Say see ya then. Rule #2- LEO and DFACS have no warrant... 2 counts of trespassing, and a federal charge of Violation of civil rights under color of law (42USC1983) if they refuse to leave or leave you alone.

If they push it... Georgia Law permits force up to and including lethal force to resist an unlawful arrest.
Shrek you are correct to the letter of the law. But as you probably know there are exceptions to the warrant requirement. A little creative writing 101 and suddenly there are exigent circumstances, ie. an exception to the warrant requirement. And use of force will only be met with more and overwhelming force. I'm not disagreeing with you, and I'm certainly not suggesting you are incorrect. I'm just saying that in the real world, things just aren't as black and white as a book of statutes.

WHAT ????? Government officials not being 100% truthful ? Or "bending" the truth ? I'm shocked.

For a decade I played by the rules... So should they. There has to be overt acts for exigent circumstances, and still due process (judicial review). Stand strong, and have a lawyer on retainer with a cellphone number. Do I make waves? Heck no! Will I if messed with, you betcha.

glad it ended in favor of the home owner. that kinda stuff just gets under my skin. i came to this country to get away from an oppressive government, not to be followed by it

Back
Top Bottom