• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rental lease advice

If they have renter's insurance the insurance policy may pay out. It sounds like the roommate was "injured" and that's why he can't pay his portion. Is your daughter in more pain than usual over this? Or maybe suffering? Judge Judy? Judge Joe Brown? They'd both award your daughter the maximum in my channel 46 experience.
We have USAA for her renters insurance. My daughter can't stop crying and still doesn't know why. My wife went over and waited for her to get off work so she didn't have to go into a quiet empty house

We have USAA for her renters insurance
USAA should answer your questions without charging you anything. USAA will also know the up-to-the-minute rules about renter's rights in unpredictable situations. Your daughter should be able to live safe and healthy while renting. Having rental insurance is proactive. Calling USAA to just ask a few questions seems like a great idea. Please let us know what transpires.

My son and his wife have been looking for reasonable rent in Coweta county but prices have increased so much in the last couple of years they too have been priced out. At this stage in their lives, I think they would welcome sharing a home with someone around their same age for a year or so to be able to live in a larger home with a yard.
Please send a PM with contact information and they can schedule a time later this week to meet.
They would be able to move in the first of July :-)

USAA should answer your questions without charging you anything. USAA will also know the up-to-the-minute rules about renter's rights in unpredictable situations. Your daughter should be able to live safe and healthy while renting. Having rental insurance is proactive. Calling USAA to just ask a few questions seems like a great idea. Please let us know what transpires.
USAA said there's nothing they can do

My son and his wife have been looking for reasonable rent in Coweta county but prices have increased so much in the last couple of years they too have been priced out. At this stage in their lives, I think they would welcome sharing a home with someone around their same age for a year or so to be able to live in a larger home with a yard.
Please send a PM with contact information and they can schedule a time later this week to meet.
They would be able to move in the first of July :-)
I'll run that by my daughter

My lease and most leases are written that both are responsible for the rent. Have you talked to him and explained how not paying will affect his credit (and maybe his physical) condition). Explain that there could be an eviction on his record and that will keep many landlords from renting to him. If he has a job and she knows where he is, she should be able to get a judgment and collect whatever he's responsible for. It will take awhile.
I bet the landlord would work with her to help are-lease the house. In the past I would dread tenants moving out, but in today's market I'm able to increase the rent to market rates and not loose money. Let the landlord know the situation and that the house will be in move in ready condition and she will show it and help getting it rented. The other option is to find another room mate. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom