• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rental lease advice

No, I used to cut their grass and he said he wanted to do it so we got them a lawn mower, blower and weed eater.
We bought their groceries for them.
Just found out his issue was with my daughter dating her boyfriend for 10 months now. He was jealous of the attention and time she gives her boyfriend. He told her she neglected him too much. Resentment has been building. We told him he should've talked to us but he's too angry at my dayghter having a serious relationship
looks like you found the beef.

Sounds like he was daughter’s companion and unpaid care giver for 1,820 nights, I would cut him a little slack
No, he wasn't an unpaid care giver. He was well compensated with free food, my car to drive, vacations with us, his very own bedroom furniture, etc.. etc.. He had nothing except his clothes when we met him, no job and was made homeless 2 days later. We took him in, let him drive our car for a year until he saved enough for his own, helped him find employment, bought him all new clothes, I've done all his oil changes and on and on.
We treated him like he was our son
So no, he was NOT an unpaid care giver, he was well compensated. The moocher mentality amazes me

No, I used to cut their grass and he said he wanted to do it so we got them a lawn mower, blower and weed eater.
We bought their groceries for them.
Just found out his issue was with my daughter dating her boyfriend for 10 months now. He was jealous of the attention and time she gives her boyfriend. He told her she neglected him too much. Resentment has been building. We told him he should've talked to us but he's too angry at my dayghter having a serious relationship

Mystery solved. He should have handled the departure better, but he's certainly entitled to pursue his own life, even if you did provide a big safety net that he now doesn't appreciate.

They were co-signers on the lease. Does the lease have any language about joint or severed liability?

Sounds like he waved every red flag and this behavior is nothing out of the ordinary from him. I know he was your daughters friend but sounds like he was just riding the gravy train. Doesnt sound like he has anything to lose by defaulting on the contract. Will probably just move on to the next train I doubt his credit really matters to him

Back
Top Bottom