• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rental lease advice

I am not saying you are. but it sounds like you are going to pay, sue or default. none of these options sound fun. life lessons either way.
I have to pay the rent, it is what it is. I'm pissed off, I can drag it out in court for a couple years and my daughter gets evicted or I pay the rent and help her. I can't afford to do both

Bad situation, he owes half till the end of the lease. Mean while she needs a new room mate. You're the parent. If you like where you're living, by all means stay where you are and figure something else out. I know you want to help her, but you also have to consider your happiness as well
11 monthly rent payments. She doesn't lose her deposit or ruin her credit and it gives us time to plan and make other arrangements when her lease is up. To top it off we went over yesterday to check to see if the grass needs cutting. We let her dog out back, it saw a lizard on the deck and went after it. About 30 hornets flew up between the decking and swarmed him. Poor little guy, I was wacking him with the rug as he was squalling. He's ok now. We had to hire an exterminator to come this Monday, the landlord says he's not responsible for that either

I'm not a piece of ****. It's my job to advance my child in life, not drag her down
Children turn into young adults - young adults have to learn life's lessons - as a father of 3 daughters, I know I won't be here forever to try to shield them from the tough things they will have to deal with in their lives.....

Sent from my BV4900Pro using Tapatalk

Children turn into young adults - young adults have to learn life's lessons - as a father of 3 daughters, I know I won't be here forever to try to shield them from the tough things they will have to deal with in their lives.....

That's you. My daughter didn't default on her lease, it wasn't her life lesson to learn. She's doing every thing she's supposed to. All our future plans involve her in some way. I'm not one of those "out of sight/out of mind" parents. Short of financially breaking us I will always do every thing in my ability to help her
She can always have her old bedroom back if things ever got that bad

That's you. My daughter didn't default on her lease, it wasn't her life lesson to learn. She's doing every thing she's supposed to. All our future plans involve her in some way. I'm not one of those "out of sight/out of mind" parents

You will be...raised 3 girls myself. Poured every bit sweat & tears, $$$ out the wazoo, schooling, cars... about 2 weeks ago it dawned on me...
They're grown & gone with families of their on.
But they remain my pride!

You will be...raised 3 girls myself. Poured every bit sweat & tears, $$$ out the wazoo, schooling, cars... about 2 weeks ago it dawned on me...
They're grown & gone with families of their on.
But they remain my pride!
I guess it's different for parents with only one child and or have lost a child.

That's you. My daughter didn't default on her lease, it wasn't her life lesson to learn. She's doing every thing she's supposed to. All our future plans involve her in some way. I'm not one of those "out of sight/out of mind" parents. Short of my financially breaking us I will always do every thing in my ability to help her
She can always have her old bedroom back if things ever got that bad
Dude - hate to break it to you, but you're going to die one day - leave behind an adult that can fend for themselves......

Dude - hate to break it to you, but you're going to die one day - leave behind an adult that can fend for themselves......

Exactly, which is why I'm doing every thing I can in my life to help her when that day comes. Isn't that my job as her father to make sure she's prepared ? I'm not one of those parents like my dad, you're 16, pay rent, you're 18, get out. I've failed at allot of things in my life, she won't be one

I think you’ve already crossed this out, but selling the house to rent from a slumlord that won’t cut grass or exterminate hornets is a bad plan.

If it’s cheaper to break the lease (and won’t ding her credit) but you don’t have the $6k, could you cash out some equity to come up with it? Otherwise, I think you and she will just have to pay the monthly rent in full, & take the former roommate to small claims court for his portion.

Back
Top Bottom