• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rental lease advice

Sounds like he waved every red flag and this behavior is nothing out of the ordinary from him. I know he was your daughters friend but sounds like he was just riding the gravy train. Doesnt sound like he has anything to lose by defaulting on the contract. Will probably just move on to the next train I doubt his credit really matters to him
Sad for the daughter and her family and probably a true mindset of the ex-roomy. Can someone axe him “What’s Your Major Malfunction NumbNuts?!”

He called my wife and said he'll continue to pay his half of the rent, we're calling bs. Finding a room mate is only the option at this point but my daughter doesn't want to live with strangers, that's understandable. Wife is talking about selling our house, cashing in and moving into the rental house with our daughter. I don't like that option but we'd save so much money that way
It will cost you way more than $6000 to sell your house and move. Not to mention that you will be at the mercy of a landlord and his ability to raise the rent or sell the house any time he wants. I would continue to pay the rent but make life miserable for the room mate. If you don't want to or can't afford an attorney, I would suggest she talk to legal aid and see if they would write the room mate a demand if he doesn't pay. Cobb County has a legal aid office for tenants in their magistrate offices and I assume most counties have easy access to them as well.

It will cost you way more than $6000 to sell your house and move. Not to mention that you will be at the mercy of a landlord and his ability to raise the rent or sell the house any time he wants. I would continue to pay the rent but make life miserable for the room mate. If you don't want to or can't afford an attorney, I would suggest she talk to legal aid and see if they would write the room mate a demand if he doesn't pay. Cobb County has a legal aid office for tenants in their magistrate offices and I assume most counties have easy access to them as well.
I can't afford to drag it out for years on attorney fees and court costs. **** that, I'm not selling my house

Bad situation, he owes half till the end of the lease. Mean while she needs a new room mate. You're the parent. If you like where you're living, by all means stay where you are and figure something else out. I know you want to help her, but you also have to consider your happiness as well

Back
Top Bottom