• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Revolvers

T

Lets see... My SIG P229 legion in 9mm has about 800 rounds, 229 legion in 357 has 300 rounds (more soon its new), P229 in 40 has about 800 maybe more, Glock 22 + 27 about 200 each (used but new to me(trade), Glock 19 maybe 300 (new also), P239 about 300, Glock 20 about 200, p229 9mm Scorpion about 500,

Yep, know what mean.

I wouldn't stress those guns very much either,

All that would be a good month for my 586

Yes...I Do, for one. I do about 99% of my live-fire practice with DA REVOLVERS, shooting in DA mode...And ALL of my dryfire is DA...

I can certainly shoot a SA or Striker-fired Semiauto reasonably well--I've shot one perfect 500 in Indoor GSSF Matches and have shot several 498's, so there's that...I have also finished in the Top 20 of several outdoor GSSF Matches--And I shoot EVEN BETTER with my Smith REVOLVERS! I've proven this to my satisfaction several times over the years with various Drills and by shooting the IDPA Classifier with Revos, Glocks and 1911's...

I'm certain I'm in the minority on this, but I've been shooting Revolvers in DA Mode almost exclusively for a little over forty years--What is it they say about Practice makes perfect??? :)
Nice. I thought 400 was good, now I have more incentive.

Yes...I Do, for one. I do about 99% of my live-fire practice with DA REVOLVERS, shooting in DA mode...And ALL of my dryfire is DA...

I can certainly shoot a SA or Striker-fired Semiauto reasonably well--I've shot one perfect 500 in Indoor GSSF Matches and have shot several 498's, so there's that...I have also finished in the Top 20 of several outdoor GSSF Matches--And I shoot EVEN BETTER with my Smith REVOLVERS! I've proven this to my satisfaction several times over the years with various Drills and by shooting the IDPA Classifier with Revos, Glocks and 1911's...

I'm certain I'm in the minority on this, but I've been shooting Revolvers in DA Mode almost exclusively for a little over forty years--What is it they say about Practice makes perfect??? :)

I can shoot better in DA than SA. I’ve got the split playing cards to prove it.

Attachments

• B18C4385-265E-40EE-87E7-1393B5BD8BEB.jpeg
    B18C4385-265E-40EE-87E7-1393B5BD8BEB.jpeg
    76.2 KB · Views: 18
Probably obsolete for combat. But certainly not obsolete for self defense or hobby shooting. Shooting and handling revolvers hits me right the feelings. They'll always have a place in my collection.

I think it depends who you are combating.
A group of guys with semi-autos? Obsolete
A tweeker or a mugger or hold up guy in a dark alley? Perfectly suitable.

Claude Warner has been doing the math.

"Overall, shots were fired by the defender in 72% of incidents. The average and median number of shots fired was 2. When more than 2 shots were fired, it generally appeared that the defender’s initial response was to fire until empty. It appears that revolver shooters are more likely to empty their guns than autoloader shooters.

Source= http://gunssavelives.net/self-defense/analysis-of-five-years-of-armed-encounters-with-data-tables/

Nice. I thought 400 was good, now I have more incentive.

Thanks...I shot the 500 with a very accurate 17L that I had "Tweaked" the Trigger on myself...It also had Dawson Adjustable Sights and seemed to shoot about like a Laser Beam would! Let it go down the road after my eyesight got such that I wasn't shooting the 17L any better than my 34 or 17... :( ...I still miss it sometimes...

As far as what constitutes a good score on the GSSF Indoor Match course, I'd say any score of 475--480 or better is A-Ok!

had that in a snub with the non fluted cylinder. great gun fo sho.
I wish they were still as good now as they were back then. There was a 2 inch barrel 38 non fluted gun on here just a week or two ago. I wish I would have picked up but being just a 38 and a 2 inch barrel put me off. I regret no buying it. These revolvers are way too underrated and nobody really looks for them except the people that have one. It's because we know how they shoot.

True grits own at least 1 revolver.
20180913_210821.jpg

Pair'em up for absolute grittiness..
Seriously though, I first owned a G27 and couldn't hit crap until I got the Service Six.
Get good with a revolver and semi-autos are easy peasy.
My SS is going as my hunting backup tomorrow .
LCRx stays in my tactical lunchbox.
G27 was sold 6 months later.
Revolver is love. Revolver is life.
Praise be!

Back
Top Bottom