Revolvers

Untwisted, maybe your point could have been made by simply saying “never” and “always” isn’t 100% accurate instead of the neckbeard gun shop commandos statement. Still waiting on your answer on the topic of failures and jams when compared to semi autos and revolvers during your vast experience shooting both while the rest of us hangout at the local gun shop reading the shotgun news.
that is still in print? DJD

Untwisted, maybe your point could have been made by simply saying “never” and “always” isn’t 100% accurate instead of the neckbeard gun shop commandos statement. Still waiting on your answer on the topic of failures and jams when compared to semi autos and revolvers during your vast experience shooting both while the rest of us hangout at the local gun shop reading the shotgun news.
You really did get upset over that didn’t you? That’s gotta suck.

No, they're not as pretty,

I may beg to differ...

Pistolas 141.jpg
PSL 054.jpg

Revolvers or semi-autos...it all comes down to what YOU shoot best with.

But seriously, does anybody actually shoot better in simulated combat action shooting games with revolver? With that long heavy double action trigger pull??
I shot the hell out of revolvers back in the 1980s. I shot a S&W model 15, model 66 , model 629 , in various matches and informal club competitions. Bowling pin matches steel plate challenges, etc. I've also owned at least four different J frame Smith and Wesson's and one very similar Rossi. A few years ago I picked up a Colt Army Special (Large frame, same as the Python) in excellent condition made in 1913, and this gun shot very well for what it was. But that Colt DA trigger which stacks noticeably at the end was nowhere near as useful at the range as a modern safe-action striker pistol.
I have a lot of trigger time on a relative's Colt Detective Special, an old Colt Police Positive belonging to one of my Dads friends, and a friends Charter Arms Undercover. So I know revolvers. All kinds.

And I absolutely do not shoot them better than a comparable sized semi auto.
At least not in rapid fire. Now if I can thumb kawk the hammer into single action mode and take my good old sweet time to poke out the X ring on a bull's-eye, yeah, then some of those longer barreled revolvers are better for that job than most semi autos of the same barrel length.

But seriously, does anybody actually shoot better in simulated combat action shooting games with revolver? With that long heavy double action trigger pull??
I shot the hell out of revolvers back in the 1980s. I shot a S&W model 15, model 66 , model 629 , in various matches and informal club competitions. Bowling pin matches steel plate challenges, etc. I've also owned at least four different J frame Smith and Wesson's and one very similar Rossi. A few years ago I picked up a Colt Army Special (Large frame, same as the Python) in excellent condition made in 1913, and this gun shot very well for what it was. But that Colt DA trigger which stacks noticeably at the end was nowhere near as useful at the range as a modern safe-action striker pistol.
I have a lot of trigger time on a relative's Colt Detective Special, an old Colt Police Positive belonging to one of my Dads friends, and a friends Charter Arms Undercover. So I know revolvers. All kinds.

And I absolutely do not shoot them better than a comparable sized semi auto.
At least not in rapid fire. Now if I can thumb kawk the hammer into single action mode and take my good old sweet time to poke out the X ring on a bull's-eye, yeah, then some of those longer barreled revolvers are better for that job than most semi autos of the same barrel length.
Define what you mean by "shoot better."

I thought I did. Simulated self-defense combat shooting. Rapid-fire several rounds into the center of mass of a humanoid target.
Think of games like PPC, IPSC, IDPA, etc.

Back in the middle and late 1980s when all law-enforcement agencies around the country got rid of their revolvers and switched to semi autos, their qualification rates went up and the scores that police cadets would shoot at the Academy also went way up.

Back
Top Bottom