• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Revolvers

I've seen many people "handled" offensively and defensively by a revolver. Saying they're obsolete is absurd. Maybe not optimal for most as a carry defensive weapon, but more than capable of doing it's job. Oh, and I'm sure Jerry Miculek would have some words on the defensive capabilities of a revolver.

Are you volunteering to get shot with a “housewife” gun?

This is the only real response when somebody says a firearm or caliber s 'useless' or 'outdated'. Unless you're willing to stand there and get shot with it, it's still a viable choice.

image.jpg
wish I had a model 19

This is my wife's 19-5. If she decides to get rid of it, I'll PM you.

Go buy a $1000.00 semi auto,then spend another $500.00 in upgrades so you can hit your target and make fixes so the gun won't jam.
All ready did that. Purchased a 1,100 long slide in 10mm and then raided the Wilson Combat site. It's a sweet gun but I would still rather have 6 guarantees than 7 or 8 maybes. Don't get me wrong I still love my 1911's but they are hobby and target guns. I wouldn't be afraid to carry that long slide but concealability and weight would prohibit such a decision.

Gun store commandos, cute. Have you experienced more jams or failures from a semi auto or a revolver during your extensive time shooting more bullets than anyone else?

The statements used words like “never” and “always.” To put a point to it, “revolvers never jam.” “Revolvers always fire.”

Hopefully that clarification will help you get your knickers untwisted.

I sure there are a lot of police depts. and militaries out there that would agree that the revolver is in its prime !
In the Nicaraguan army the S & W model 10 is very popular, Even more popular than footwear but not as popular as machetes.

The statements used words like “never” and “always.” To put a point to it, “revolvers never jam.” “Revolvers always fire.”

Hopefully that clarification will help you get your knickers untwisted.
Untwisted, maybe your point could have been made by simply saying “never” and “always” isn’t 100% accurate instead of the neckbeard gun shop commandos statement. Still waiting on your answer on the topic of failures and jams when compared to semi autos and revolvers during your vast experience shooting both while the rest of us hangout at the local gun shop reading the shotgun news.

Back
Top Bottom