• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger precision rifle - Do I really want one?

Cherokee G&P has a 308 on the counter now for $1,199. I was just there Saturday and saw it. Gen 2.

I like my 6.5cm RPR Gen2, and even have a 308 barrel for it, but I am a smaller guy and don't wish to tote it around the woods unless riding to stand on an ATV.

Really accurate rifle, although my groups open up quite a bit with a hot barrel.

Damn. Guess it pays to read huh? Still well within specs per ruger.
My 6.5cm had a best group of .473 MOA. I have 50 reloads I recently worked up that I am eager to shoot to see if I can improve upon that though.

Mine wears a cheap Vortex Crossfire II 6-24 though. Would love a Nightforce or PST to replace it one day though.

My 6.5cm had a best group of .473 MOA. I have 50 reloads I recently worked up that I am eager to shoot to see if I can improve upon that though.

Mine ears a cheap Vortex Crossfire II 6-24 though. Would love a Nightforce or PST to replace it one day though.
I would too but I don't like nigh forces prices. Lol

But per ruger it's suppose to shoot .5 moa at 50 yards to be within specs.

What sights do they use then? ...or do they just strap it down or sandbag it up good and bore site and fire to get groups?
That's my understanding is didn't asked the rep all kinds of questions. She was just reading off the data base.

I had a m77 grouping about a 1.5 at 100 yards and wasn't happy about it and called ruger. The rep said even for that with no optic it should group 1.5 at 50 yards.

Back
Top Bottom