• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Rural Georgia police state?

The state of Ga is broke so they try whatever it take's to get paid. I'm surprised they didn't plant anything in the vehicle. It sounds just like the town I live in. When you can't hang out in town with your friends because the police run them off and say they are loitering but bums can hang out at hadji's store all night.

I think all concerned citizens, of Georgia, should e-mail the Mayor of Monticello. His name is Bryan Standifer and his e-mail address is bstandifer@bellsouth.net. I have sent him an e-mail, as a concerned citizen. I will probably not get a reply, but I wanted to voice my disapproval of what was done to Mrs. Johnston, and ask that an investigation take place, the investigation be made public, and if the actions taken were inappropriate, corrective measures be taken against the officers involved.

There are threads on here about officers supposedly inappropriate actions in other states. Well, this is in our state and action should be taken to insure something is done. I would love to see hundreds of e-mails sent asking for an investigation into this matter so that the mayor will not sweep this under the proverbial rug. As I said, I have sent one e-mail. Your turn.

I emailed as well. we need to stick together and see to it that something gets done anytime one of these situations arises!

Back
Top Bottom