• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Rural Georgia police state?

Anymore to this story? Is JWC the only other one that inquired about this with the city?

This is what I was referring to with the idea that posting videos of bad behavior could be a good thing for awareness. Turns out that the one person that I was debating that subject with might have been the only one that has done anything other than post here.

GOOD FOR YOU JWC. Where is everyone else? Post your response if you received one.

DTK, I have posted it before, but because you asked, here it is again. Nothing will happen unless the alleged victim follows through. I sincerely hope she does. I would like nothing better to see a bad cop or an abusive cop removed from his or her job. There were a couple of others who wrote, I posted the e-mail address. However, most of the posts in thread are what they always are. A chance to bash a cop. Here is the reply I received. Nothing earth shattering, but I did not even expect and answer. So, at least Mayor Standifer is aware of the situation.

Mr. Carter,

I to am concerned with the actions of these officers. Please note that these officers, although participating in an operation in our community, are not the values of our Monticello Police Department officers. I will voice my concern with my Police Chief who I have copied in this response. We have coordinated this operation with fellow police agencies for some time. This operation has been in existance for some time periodically during the year with no issues. This is a lesson for us to direct the expectations of all officers participating in thses type operations in the future.

Mayor Bryan Standifer

DTK, I have posted it before, but because you asked, here it is again. Nothing will happen unless the alleged victim follows through. I sincerely hope she does. I would like nothing better to see a bad cop or an abusive cop removed from his or her job. There were a couple of others who wrote, I posted the e-mail address. However, most of the posts in thread are what they always are. A chance to bash a cop. Here is the reply I received. Nothing earth shattering, but I did not even expect and answer. So, at least Mayor Standifer is aware of the situation.

Mr. Carter,

I to am concerned with the actions of these officers. Please note that these officers, although participating in an operation in our community, are not the values of our Monticello Police Department officers. I will voice my concern with my Police Chief who I have copied in this response. We have coordinated this operation with fellow police agencies for some time. This operation has been in existance for some time periodically during the year with no issues. This is a lesson for us to direct the expectations of all officers participating in thses type operations in the future.

Mayor Bryan Standifer

JWC, your first post of the response you received was the reason for my post asking for any other responses.

Good for you in working to bring awareness to this at the right levels. I just wish the same amount of people would at least politely email the political offices with their conserns that seem to be content to just gripe.

It will work and has worked in the past.

What's sad is that in the small town I live in I know of several places I can go park my truck and watch drug deals go down all day long. The cops are well aware of it too. Problem is if they arrest a jobless dope dealer he's going to get a public defender and be a drain on the system. However if you can find a little weed on the blue collar guy it's a $1500 fine, DUI $chool, 12 month$ probation, $ub$tance abuse workbook, and licence rein$tatement fee.

Follow the money.

Progress:

Good morning,
I hope this email finds you well. My name is Nathalie Pozo, I am a reporter with FOX 5. I am writing in regards to Renee Johnston and the incident involving police at the checkpoints. I would like to get in contact with her , we would like to talk to her on camera if she is available.

Also, when was she planning on speaking before the city? We would like to attend as well.

Thank you in advance for your time and efforts.

Kind regards,

Nathalie Pozo
Reporter
FOX 5 Atlanta & All News 106.7

Last edited:
Good morning,
I hope this email finds you well. My name is Nathalie Pozo, I am a reporter with FOX 5. I am writing in regards to Renee Johnston and the incident involving police at the checkpoints. I would like to get in contact with her , we would like to talk to her on camera if she is available.

Also, when was she planning on speaking before the city? We would like to attend as well.

Kind regards,

Nathalie Pozo
Reporter

Very cool. Darkness hates to have light shone on it.

Good morning,

Kind regards,

Nathalie Pozo
Reporter
yes

Good morning,

Kind regards,

Nathalie Pozo
Reporter

This can grow legs and create change!

Back
Top Bottom