Said goodbye to daughter today, not dead, prayers needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son left for a job in Iraq in Oct 2006,the next time I saw him was Feb of 2008.He was home 4 days. Saw him 1 more time until April 2011 when he came home for good.Now he is back and forth to the mid east all the time.Prayers you learn a lot about prayers.
Glad I am not on your ignore list. I really meant % the others. Prayers for your son and his travels. She is SMART, must be from the other side of the family:} She was to go to college next year and I knew that but this expedited everything. If your son is still in the middle east, I pray that he returns in good health< mind and body the same as my Jordan, amen.

Glad I am not on your ignore list. I really meant % the others. Prayers for your son and his travels. She is SMART, must be from the other side of the family:} She was to go to college next year and I knew that but this expedited everything. If your son is still in the middle east, I pray that he returns in good health< mind and body the same as my Jordan, amen.
she will be fine like I say prayers.There was a period where I did not hear from him for 6 weeks I was a wreck.Prayers will go up for your family.He should be home from Saudi monday.Then on to Qatar next I think.

I'm fairly certain they sell pepper spray and stun guns over there. Just wat9a video on Breitbart last week of a German girl repelling a poor pervert migrant attacker with pepper spray. But yeah there are "No go" zones all over Europe these days.
Yes but it they have a skeet or a trap range She is good for a 90-95 shooting skeet but only 80-85 on trap. If her host dad wants to shoot sporting clays she will be the american girl that shoots around a 85. I hope she misses her Buckmark.

Well Tony, I am going to assume you raised her right.

Somewhere around 13-14 we parents take a back seat to friends, pop culture, and social pressures.

She still has that right upbringing, and the daily reinforcement of seeing how you live your life to fall back on.

I am sure she comes through with flying colors.

You raised her to be a confident young woman, trust she won't disappoint!

Sorry about your Mom, that stinks in many ways.

Being a parent ages a person no doubt. But who would trade it?
I feel for you. I can't imagine and hopefully will never be able to relate, but as others have said, she will grow in ways she can't/won't here and be an even more incredible young woman for it. Be strong dad, that's what she needs. Prayers for a fruitful trip and for the time to go quicker than you fear.

Sorry about the loss of you’re mother

I have a 15 year old daughter and I can’t stand the thought of her leaving me after graduation but it will happen

It never gets easier my son has been in the army since 2014 and just went to Alaska last month for 3 years. He still calls or texts me daily unless he’s in the field

Be strong dad. You have raised a confident young woman to be able to at 17 to take this huge leap in life

Yes but it they have a skeet or a trap range She is good for a 90-95 shooting skeet but only 80-85 on trap. If her host dad wants to shoot sporting clays she will be the american girl that shoots around a 85. I hope she misses her Buckmark.
It really all boils down to exercising good sense. And from what I see here you have most likely taught her that skill. And its the little things most folks don't think about that matters. One good example is how I've told all 3 of my kids not to be walking in their own little world with those damn ear buds in both ears. Seriously from my 26 year old son to my two daughters 22 and 11 I tell them all the time to pay attention to what's going on around them. Don't handicap yourself by being deaf to what's going on with those damn ear buds. I also explained to my older daughter how flip flops are not appropriate footwear in public. This may sound stupid but I asked her one day "What if you had to run from something or someone?

Sorry about the loss of you’re mother

I have a 15 year old daughter and I can’t stand the thought of her leaving me after graduation but it will happen

I too have another daughter that is 15 going on 30. Luckily she is 6' tall at 15 and plays volleyball 6 days a week. There is no time for anything else, except a ODT meet and greet someday:} I feel bad for missing my daughter, already when so many have sent their sons to make sure that I can cry for her, I acknowledge that they do so so that I can.

It never gets easier my son has been in the army since 2014 and just went to Alaska last month for 3 years. He still calls or texts me daily unless he’s in the field

Be strong dad. You have raised a confident young woman to be able to at 17 to take this huge leap in life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom