Said goodbye to daughter today, not dead, prayers needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marietta tony

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
121   0
Reaction score
My 17 year old daughter left today for 11 months in Denmark on a exchange program. Not coming home until July next year and we cant visit her. I did a good job keeping it compartmentalized until this morning. The model is not to have contact with her for 45 days for her to be immersed in the culture and her host family.

my eyes are bloodshot today and I apologize for any inappropriate remarks beforehand as I just lost my mom a month ago but this feels like a kick in the gut.

U know she will be OK but worry bout who she will be when she returns.

She will be fine and have a great experience. Pray for her. It will go by fast.

I know what your going through. My son left two years ago to serve a two year Misison in Mexico. He comes home in 4 days. We have not seen him since August 2016. We communicated mainly through email, and we were able to skype him a few times.

Like you, I couldn’t keep the tears at bay when he left. I’ve missed my boy. But he has grown and matured in ways he never could have here at home. I’m proud of him. 4 more days for us!

She will be fine and have a great experience. Pray for her. It will go by fast.

I know what your going through. My son left two years ago to serve a two year Misison in Mexico. He comes home in 4 days. We have not seen him since August 2016. We communicated mainly through email, and we were able to skype him a few times.

Like you, I couldn’t keep the tears at bay when he left. I’ve missed my boy. But he has grown and matured in ways he never could have here at home. I’m proud of him. 4 more days for us!

Thank you and I know your son and my daughter will be better people for the experience. She has been to Puerto Rico 4 times and 2 since the devastation, and Liberia Africa once, She said the only way she would go back to Africa would be on a safari. For a 17 year old girl< I would say she has seen more than most. I know she will spend the next year traveling around Europe and will be better for it but she is my me and I have to learn to live without her.

My youngest joining the clay target team will be a big diversion.

My son left for a job in Iraq in Oct 2006,the next time I saw him was Feb of 2008.He was home 4 days. Saw him 1 more time until April 2011 when he came home for good.Now he is back and forth to the mid east all the time.Prayers you learn a lot about prayers.

I agree. At least she wasn't going to Germany or the U.K. It seems like those two countries have given in to Islam and the gutter trash that comes with it. Oh and France. Tell her to stay the hell out of those three countries.
We got to pick 5 and reject 5. they knew how we stood, but I have heard that even though she will be 90 miles from Copenhagen, she shouldn't go there .

We got to pick 5 and reject 5. they knew how we stood, but I have heard that even though she will be 90 miles from Copenhagen, she shouldn't go there .
I'm fairly certain they sell pepper spray and stun guns over there. Just wat9a video on Breitbart last week of a German girl repelling a poor pervert migrant attacker with pepper spray. But yeah there are "No go" zones all over Europe these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom